Mavic vs Phantom 4

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

FlightTest reviews Mavic with comparison to Phantom 4

Yeah, hate to say it, but it's over for the P4. The mavic out performs it in every way. I love my P4 l, but I can't wait to get my mavic!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yeah, hate to say it, but it's over for the P4. The mavic out performs it in every way. I love my P4 l, but I can't wait to get my mavic!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If DJI wants to keep a "Phantom" line of drones, a P5 has to be coming soon since buyers have no compelling reason to choose the P4 over the Mavic. I'd like to see a P5 with a significantly better camera but a more portable design like the Mavic. Such a drone would then make the Inspire's less compelling, which would likely mean significant improvements to that line. I think DJI is on a path a rapid advancements that will make it hard for anyone else to effectively compete.

If DJI wants to keep a "Phantom" line of drones, a P5 has to be coming soon since buyers have no compelling reason to choose the P4 over the Mavic. I'd like to see a P5 with a significantly better camera but a more portable design like the Mavic. Such a drone would then make the Inspire's less compelling, which would likely mean significant improvements to that line. I think DJI is on a path a rapid advancements that will make it hard for anyone else to effectively compete.
Competition is good for all of us (except DJI.) It keeps prices reasonable and encourages companies to add new features, The Solo was the first to have many automated flight features. The Typhoon H has many features that are not available on the DJI quads. Hope they do keep the Phantom line.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

FlightTest reviews Mavic with comparison to Phantom 4

They came to about the same conclusion that most people here came to. DJI essentially eliminated the market for the Phantom series.

I'm looking forward to mine - although a bit concerned that I will stop using the P4 as much - which I only bought in August! Having said that, I'm studying for my UAQ to eventually go commercial and I'll need several drones. I can see potential uses for both of these. One thing I noticed in the video: I've read a lot of forums that say the Mavic has no ATTI setting (unless it loses GPS then it switches automatically) but they had a shot of the remote control displaying 'ATTI' which suggests it is available.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I've read a lot of forums that say the Mavic has no ATTI setting (unless it loses GPS then it switches automatically) but they had a shot of the remote control displaying 'ATTI' which suggests it is available.
That's correct. It has an ATTI mode, but you cannot manually enable it.

don't we need to practice in ATTI mode every so often?
Maybe? You should at least be aware of what happens when the aircraft is flying in ATTI mode.

Maybe? You should at least be aware of what happens when the aircraft is flying in ATTI mode.

The one thing I've noticed with both my P3S and XSP is the aircraft handles like a completely difference machine in ATTI mode. It ratchets up the skill level required to handle the aircraft quite quickly. Not giving the pilot the time required to experience that on a regular basis is a mistake IMO.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31