Mavic Pro or Phantom 4 standard?

Reaction score
I am stuck between these two drones...
Which drone should I get?
I will let the experts in this forum decide.

This is like comparing apples and oranges. You should buy the drone that best meets your needs.

What are you going to do with your drone? Which features/functions do you require? Anything else we should know?

This is like comparing apples and oranges. You should buy the drone that best meets your needs.

What are you going to do with your drone? Which features/functions do you require? Anything else we should know?
Photography and just flying around... I like the Mavic Pro because its smaller and easier to take with you.. The gimble on the Mavic pro looks fragile and easy to break.

The gimbal is fragile on both of those drones.

Did you consider the Mavic Air? It has the least fragile gimbal out of those three drones. It's also more protected since it's located inside of the Mavic Air's body.

The gimbal is fragile on both of those drones.

Did you consider the Mavic Air? It has the least fragile gimbal out of those three drones. It's also more protected since it's located inside of the Mavic Air's body.
Hey thanks... I will check out the Mavic Air..

I think I'm gonna get the Mavic Pro... I like the range /distance and how compact it is.

The Mavic Pro is a nice drone. I think you're going to enjoy it :)

BTW, if you're planning on shopping on Amazon, I keep a complete list (updated daily) of Mavic Pros currently being sold by authorized DJI dealers here.

These 2 drones he is considering the p4 or Mav Pro how do they compare in the wind.
slkfis

These 2 drones he is considering the p4 or Mav Pro how do they compare in the wind.
slkfis
They are both quite capable in the wind.
But if the wind is faster than the drone can fly, you are out of luck with either.
I heard the Mavic Pro has a wind resistance of 100mph...I am not sure of the P4.
No-one is flying any drones when the wind is at 100 mph.
Actual numbers for practical flight would be closer to 20 mph.

Reactions: slkfis17
They are both quite capable in the wind.
But if the wind is faster than the drone can fly, you are out of luck with either.

No-one is flying any drones when the wind is at 100 mph.
Actual numbers for practical flight would be closer to 20 mph.
Thats a good question..if the wind is faster than the drone can fly I am not sure... I am afraid that my drone might fly away with the wind and I will be out $1000 dollars.

Thats a good question..if the wind is faster than the drone can fly I am not sure... I am afraid that my drone might fly away with the wind and I will be out $1000 dollars.

Drones don't fly away but careless flyers have unnecessarily lost drones that were blown away.
It's very important to be aware of wind strength and direction.
Never fly away downwind in a strong wind situation - you will have a tough headwind to fight to get back home.
In a strong wind situation, note how much the wind slows your Phantom if you try to fly directly into it.
It's much better to have a slow flight upwind and an easy ride home than the other way round.
Winds are always stronger up high too.
Never leave your Phantom up high fighting a headwind. Bring it down where the wind is less.

Reactions: slkfis17
That was great info and I was surprised at how well they compared just based on the size difference.
thanks
slkfis

Saw this yesterday (3/2/18) on costco.com:

DJI Mavic Pro Aerial Camera Bundle
Item #1125659

Your Price $799.97
Free Shipping

Includes Aerial Camera, Controller, Battery Charger, 16GB MicroSD Card, Backpack and Propeller Guards

If the quality of your photography really matters, then bump up to a drone that provides a 1-inch 20-megapixel CMOS sensor over the 1/2.3 " 12 MP's in the Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 Quadcopter. I know it's at least a $300 price jump minimally, but I'm a professional photographer so the higher quality imagary was a must. B&H has the Phantom 4 Advance for $1,200.

Saw this yesterday (3/2/18) on costco.com:

DJI Mavic Pro Aerial Camera Bundle
Item #1125659

Your Price $799.97
Free Shipping

Includes Aerial Camera, Controller, Battery Charger, 16GB MicroSD Card, Backpack and Propeller Guards
I ordered my Mavic Pro yesterday for Amazon for $800, just the base...No bundle or anything...
I guess if your thinking about getting the Mavic Pro nows the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga