Mavic Air Photos

I don't have a Mavic Air but do have a Phantom 3 Standard and a Spark.

In ideal lighting conditions the auto setting will give you pretty good results. That being said, I usually always use manual exposure and shoot 99% of my photos at ISO 100. The more you increase the ISO the more noise you introduce into your photo (more grainy) and this becomes more apparent in lower light. I always have the histogram enabled (a graph that shows the tonal values of your image). I then adjust the shutter speed so that the graph (usually looks like a mountain) is pretty much in the centre. This usually gives me the best exposure possible. Keep in mind that the sharpness of your image is affected by other factors as well such as wind and shutter speed. The gimbal does a great job stabilizating the camera but its not perfect so any camera motion will result in a less sharp image. Also, keep in mind the limitations of the camera. It's no DSLR and is basically an action cam mounted on a drone.

As Fly Dawg said, 100mbps has nothing to do with still image quality - its the video bit rate and affects video recording.

The best way to improve your photos is to practice - try out the different camera settings and see what the results are. Learning how to use the histogram really helps with getting the best exposure possible with the equipment and lighting conditions at the time of image capture.

Hope this helps.

Chris

B1E6F0B7A82DF98BF8510B84FB8C1087.jpg
834523BFC5699A473FAE9331B17F8222.jpg

It's all about light. That's the main principle in photography. In an ideal conditions you'll make a fine picture even with a $100 camera. In not so fine condition it mostly depend on the setting.
Sometimes auto will do fine, sometimes not. At longer shutter times (below 1/100s) the sharpness very likely go down because of microscopic movements of the drone.
And if you think that with the Mavic air you'll do the same quality as with P4P, you are wrong. Otherwise they can stop selling the P4.

And those 100Mb per second doesn't have anything with the quality of the still picture.

Shooting in RAW and downloading the image from the chip that was in the Mavic Air gives you the best opportunity for a clear image without grain. The Mavic Air has a fixed aperture so you only have shutter speed and ISO to manually optmize your image. You want to use the lowest ISO your historgram will allow.

That being said, my iPhone takes great images, but not as great as my Nikon 750. My Mavic Air is more like my iPhone. It is great if I don’t need to print large prints. Otherwise I use my P4P with a larger sensor.

Reactions: Hounddog

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94