Mavic 2 Enterprise - did you notice?

Reaction score
So, the stock enterprise edition comes with three quite useful add-ons: bright spotlight, a loudspeaker, and a strobe.

That's cool, but it dawned on me that they are mutually exclusive, so using the spot light would be most valuable when it's dark. When it would be REQUIRED of you to have anti-collision lighting, but they can't mount the same time. I just find that odd.

Oh, I should have specified FAA Regulations for United States.
In order to fly beyond twilight, you need a waiver, and that hinges on you having an anti-collision beacon visible for at least 3 miles.

Yes, a hobbyist could just take off, and rely on the existing red and green running lights on the bottom to be able to see attitude and position, but the very name of the Mavic 2 Enterprise connotes flying commercially, under Part 107.

Last edited:
Oh, I should have specified FAA Regulations for United States.
As I said before. And the regulation for this is where? It is not in Section 336.

I believe he is referring to 107.29 (b) No person may operate a small unmanned aircraft system during periods of civil twilight unless the small unmanned aircraft has lighted anti-collision lighting visible for at least 3 statute miles. The remote pilot in command may reduce the intensity of the anti-collision lighting if he or she determines that, because of operating conditions, it would be in the interest of safety to do so.

Section 336 and now Section 349, Recreational sUAS (hobby) sUAS, rules have no provisions prohibiting or governing night flights.

Why do we think that accessory would negate "Collision Avoidance" lighting? Many of us use LED Anti-Collision lights that mount in various ways on our Mavics.

Reactions: LARA images
Why do we think that accessory would negate "Collision Avoidance" lighting? Many of us use LED Anti-Collision lights that mount in various ways on our Mavics.

I'm surprised DJI didn't just add an LED beacon on TOP of the spot light.

Many of us use LED Anti-Collision lights that mount in various ways on our Mavics.
As do I on my Phantom. Not because of a regulation that requires it, although that would be no issue at all for me, but for visibility day or night from the ground, and would also take care of any future regulations that could be in the pipeline at some point for hobby fliers. Cree strobes, front, back and sides. ;)

Reactions: BigAl07
While I applaud the release of the Mavic Enterprise as a step forward, I have been harping on the fact that we should have seen something like this, and more, on the Phantom models by now. I would love a Phantom with similar zoom camera and the option for thermal/FLIR. There is really no reason not to have the AirSense built into the Phantom too. Currently I run AirMap on a separate phone or tablet or even run a USB dongle for receiving ADS-B out beacons from aircraft in the area. But that depends on me being able to watch both screens as well as try to pilot the UAV. Also, while I like the Arc II strobes and similar add on lighting, why can't it come factory installed and using on board power? I see no reason why DJI can't place strobes on each arm and the top of the UAV and have them controlled, on or off, via the app menu.

Reactions: LARA images

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers