Marketing your services

Reaction score
I wanted to see what avenues people are using to market their UAS services to customer and to find new customers. Currently, I am using the basic venues of instagram and facebook but with minimal success. So far the best success I have had so far is with adding to the scope for our parent company which is a water resource management and design corporation. So if you feel inclined please share what tactics you are using to gain new customers and or expanding your current base.

I have over 2500 followers on my business page on IG (no bots used) and have gotten zero business from it or Facebook. The only success I've had is with good, old fashioned direct calling. "Hey I see you run a roofing business and all the pictures on your website were taken by hand... would you like some drone photos?"

Reactions: BigAl07
Cold Calls are the way to go. Yes they require you to work a little bit and you've got to be able to "Sell Yourself" but they pay off.

No offense is meant by this but.... most people today want to Click their way to success and in a saturated and divided market you'd better be good at selling your self LIVE.

Don't be afraid to pick up the phone and go to see prospective clients face to face. It takes time and you get a lot of NO but you get a lot of $$ if you're good enough to pull it off and deliver.

Reactions: AyeYo
in a saturated and divided market

I think that's another key issue many people (including myself) miss when starting out. Even though the average Joe thinks UAV use is cutting edge, it's not. The people/companies that know it exists have either been working with someone for years already or are doing it themselves. That means the only reasonable place of entry not dominated by large UAV companies is drumming up business where none currently exists - and that means not only selling yourself, but selling the value of UAV services to people/companies that have never tried them or possibly never even heard of them. That's a lot of selling to do. I've found social media to be there as a legitimizer, not a valuable marketing tool. Being able to reference your popular pages on social media lends you credibility in many people's minds and can make your startup seem more established then it might actually be, but your chances of actually pulling business off social media are exceedingly slim.

Reactions: BigAl07
Awesome, Yea cold calls and just talking to people have seemed to get me farther than the social media, I was wondering if people have success with running advertisements in magazines or newspapers or the like, along with the cold calls

Also join local "groups/clubs/organization" that are "industry" complimentary. Realtors, Builders, Farmers etc. Show a genuine interest in supporting them and they will reciprocate.

Reactions: Nicrophone
Was hoping I could get some followers here on my various social platforms
instagram - @srhi_mapping
Twitter - @srhi_mapping
Facebook - srhimapping
Linkedin - https://www.linkedin.com/company/srhi

Hope to see you out there!

I market mostly by word of mouth. I'm building a customer base solely on strong relationships with repeat customers who are happy with my work. I've gotten one customer from Google, another from a neighborhood posting, but the rest and the bulk of my jobs have been referrals.

Reactions: Nicrophone
There are no easy shortcuts, as always the best way to get jobs is by cold calling, referrals, or what I do a lot is make up my own job ideas and try to sell that. I keep my eyes open for opportunity, if I drive by a large piece of land for sale and see the realtors sign, I call them and tell them how much cooler it would look from the air for example. Social media I think is more just for your own gratification.

Reactions: jofus
Gave you a follow. Maybe we can all follow each other, buy each other's services... lol

I have used cold calls to targeted business sectors who are likely to utilize drone services. (e.g. Realtors, Insurance Agents, Wedding/Event Planners, Conventional photographers, entertainment venues, new businesses, etc.). If you have any outdoor community events where you could bring a drone or two for some demonstrations (and business card distribution), this can help get your name out there. I also belong to my local Chamber of Commerce which allows you to network with other local businesses in your area. Facebook and other Internet media are great, but in my opinion they are more for supporting client communication than new business marketing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers