P4 Firmware Maps dissapeard from DJI GO app

Reaction score
After solved the other problem with updating the RC now I have another.
My maps has gone who knows where. As I can see it is not so rare thing.
I cannot play missions as there is no maps and the app is in the process of loading them which never ended.
I have no map in radar window - this last is the biggest issue for me.
In short - no maps at all.
I reset the application to factory reset and the same story. Is there any other way to get maps?
This software issues really get me mad.

Is there any other way to get maps?
A silly and rhetorical question. Are you connected to the internet when attempting to load the maps? That is the only way to get them.

Actually, this happened to me, too. Up until a month or two ago, I was seeing maps in flight log reviews and elsewhere. Then they stopped showing. I did nothing to cause the change. Had to update RC firmware to get them to show again.

A silly and rhetorical question. Are you connected to the internet when attempting to load the maps? That is the only way to get them.
Jap, I was connected. Is there any option to load the maps as I couldn't find it in DJI GO. I have P4P+ with build in screen.
Actually, this happened to me, too. Up until a month or two ago, I was seeing maps in flight log reviews and elsewhere. Then they stopped showing. I did nothing to cause the change. Had to update RC firmware to get them to show again.
Maps disappeared after reloading the app because of the other reason.
In sync window where is the list of flights it shows that maps are reloading but never reloaded. Should I wait until they are? I don't know how long does it take.

You may be describing a similar issue I had with my p4p+ controller.
In maps view, try selecting “Standard” view opposed to Hybrid or Satellite.
This did the trick for myself and a couple others.

Last edited:
Reactions: Archaeo Drone
Shoot.
I thought I’d put it out there hoping it might fix it for you. Happens when maps are downloaded with the P4P+. Maps screen is blank if Hybrid or Satellite were chosen. Took me a day or two to figure it out.

No option to choose Hybrid or Satellite if no map is showing. And if you get the endlessly spinning 'loading' icon, it will go on forever and never load.

Still have no maps.
Thanks G for giving us rain here so can't fly. We had yesterday heavy wind with gusts to 90km/h and more at 70m and higher but out of gusts the wind was acceptable 24km/h. Nice weather for fly aways. Thanks for the app. for mobiles whaich shows instant weather conditions every 100m of altitude. Otherwise eye estimation would be good to fly.

Still nothing to say about disappeared maps?
Anybody?
Seems that the problem is on the DJI side.
I'm surprised that even administrators have nothing to say about it.

THIS ONLY APPLIES TO THE PHANTOM 4 PRO PLUS

I was able to duplicate this issue.
I don't use my Plus controller very often.
Usually, I'll use my Pro 4 controller / iPad combo.
Saw your post again this morning and grabbed my Plus and linked it to see if I could duplicate / resolve this issue.
First 2 pics (below) were after linking.
Maps were blank on mine also?? Uh oh.
Time to troubleshoot.
Click the DJI on top left.
Went to maps menu (DJI GO 4, main page), fourth icon, top left.
Downloaded the area maps where I'm at.
Restarted. All good. Got the maps (last 2 pics).

I had to poke the bear!
Here's where I thought I really messed up......

Went back to maps menu and thought I'd delete the downloaded maps and repeat the process.. Just to be sure this all worked correctly.
On my downloaded maps page (again, in DJI GO 4), I saw that there were duplicates of the downloaded maps of my area.
Deleted them both.
Restarted.
Attempted to download maps again.
Download would start, then get stuck at 47%.
Cancelled, restarted, waited. Rinse / repeat, etc.
No luck getting maps to download (would continually stick at 47%) and now my maps page would only show the GEO areas but no streets.

Slight panic mode thinking I just put myself in your boat.

Went through all menus I could think of on remote.
Attached drone to DJI Assistant 2 on PC.
Synced, checked for updates.
Still no maps.

Here's the fix (was for me anyway).

Place finger top / middle of Pro Plus controller screen.
Swipe down. Should see the Volume and Brightness menu.
Below that, I had a box saying an update for DJI GO 4 was available, version V4.3.14 (8-dpad)
Downloaded the new DJI GO 4 app.
Followed all the installation instructions after the download.

Restart.
Maps returned right away!
This means they were coming thru wifi.

Downloaded my area maps again.
This time, the download did not hesitate and went right through to completion at 100%.
Learned something today.
Even though I thought all my firmware and software were current, they were not.
The usual menu I see after start up (MC Menu) and the Systems Settings (then Update) menu on DJI GO 4, do not tell you if there is a new version of DJI GO 4.

After the update, I'm all good again.

Hope this helps.

Anyone with the Standard Phantom 4 Pro controller (GL300F), pay no attention to any of the above.

THIS ONLY APPLIES TO THE PHANTOM 4 PRO PLUS - (GL300E) remote controller.

They are two different animals.

Thanks.
I followed your method and seems might be working. Haven't been outside yet. I'll try as soon as it stops raining. We have very bad weather here this year but usually the rain stops after all. LOL. I'll let you know.
Best regards

CR125Honda, that's what I did (see post #3), but you need a wifi connection. When I was out in the field and on most of my trip to get to the places I like to fly, no maps. I couldn't see where I had been until I got home.

Do you have the plus controller? Downloading the maps, etc.?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic