Maps and nexxus 7 question

Reaction score
So I have been reading a lot on here and I think I will get a nexxus 7.

So my question is, do I need to get one with 4G, or just Wifi. I want to use maps, but I don't know if off line maps will work with the GO app. If it does then I only need wifi.

My main reason is so I can see a map with the flight data that GO records.

Thanks

So I have been reading a lot on here and I think I will get a nexxus 7.

So my question is, do I need to get one with 4G, or just Wifi. I want to use maps, but I don't know if off line maps will work with the GO app. If it does then I only need wifi.

My main reason is so I can see a map with the flight data that GO records.

Thanks
I have a Nexus 2nd Gen. (2013) with wifi only, which I use to fly my P3P. To view maps when flying with no wifi connection you simply need to cache the maps beforehand (when you have a wifi connection) within the dji Go app. You can do this by locating where you plan to fly (on the map) and moving the map around and zooming in and out a bit.

The required mapping is then cached within the app for later use. (Don't empty your cache, of course)

Ok. Good to know. Do you know the average size of a cached map? Wondering if I need the 16gb or get the 32gb.

Also does the map display when you download a flight data log?

I don't know the size offhand but it will, of course, depend on how large an area of map you cache and in what detail you zoom in. I always zoom right in with my 16gb Nexus 7 all around the area I want to fly and have never yet had a problem with running out of storage space. I have a few apps on my device but not a large number and its main use is just for flying my Phantom.

As far as I know the flight data log will not generate a map by itself. However, I do sometimes upload my flight logs to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ and there you will see a map which is generated from the flight log itself.

Ok. That is what I wanted. I did not know the uploader was what made the maps. That clears up a lot. So i don't need to cache a map in order to see it with the flight data. I just need to upload it then save it to my computer.

Ok. That is what I wanted. I did not know the uploader was what made the maps. That clears up a lot. So i don't need to cache a map in order to see it with the flight data. I just need to upload it then save it to my computer.
That's all correct... No pre-caching of maps is necessary to upload a flight log online to see a generated map produced from the flight log. There are other sites available which will also produce a map view from a flight log but the one I linked to works well (and is courtesy of member msinger here, btw)

But I always find it useful and interesting to have the cached map view visible when I am actually flying too.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl