Manual orientation during GS flight?

Reaction score
Website
www.stevenmichelsen.com
I am a newbie to the GS (just installed it; haven't flown a mission yet).

Question: While flying from one waypoint to another, is it possible for me to manually orient the quad? If for instance I want to video something that is alongside the direction of travel, can I turn to shoot it while the GS follows it's path? I would use ONLY the yaw control on my radio.

4wd said:
No, but it would be a nice feature.
It always faces forwards, however you can pause the mission, take control and pan around - then start again.

Even in Course Lock? (in other words, has it been specifically tried in CL?)

I have broken it out of it's pattern but never tried restarting the pattern after that... does that work?

Morgon said:
4wd said:
No, but it would be a nice feature.
It always faces forwards, however you can pause the mission, take control and pan around - then start again.

Even in Course Lock? (in other words, has it been specifically tried in CL?)

Actually having Course lock and the ability to rotate the phantom to point to specific things for doing video would be awesome..

They really need a look at feature which I posted about in the forms here and did a mock up.. :?

It seems that until DJI re-writes the rules for a mission, I will need a 3-axis gimbal and retractable legs if I want to video stuff that's NOT right in front, as the quad is following the mission. Ugh.

What I want to do is - set up a mission parallel to a road and video a car as it moves down the road, from the side.

Steve_in_NJ said:
It seems that until DJI re-writes the rules for a mission, I will need a 3-axis gimbal and retractable legs if I want to video stuff that's NOT right in front, as the quad is following the mission. Ugh.

What I want to do is - set up a mission parallel to a road and video a car as it moves down the road, from the side.

That's exactly the kind of thing Course Lock is useful for, airborne dolly shots. It's already built in to all Phantoms, though for P2's you'll need to go in to NAZA mode to enable that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl