MAN CAUGHT FLYING DRONE DURING PHILLIES GAME AT CITIZENS BANK PARK

Reaction score
image.jpg

6abc.com for the link

Reactions: Advexure
Will folks ever learn?
Not a matter of learning. They know. They just think the rules don't apply to them. A few days in jail and a hefty fine would remind him that the rules DO apply to him.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Had the gimbal guard but still had the sticker on the battery. Did he actually fly it in above third base?

Hope he's a member.

Who says guns and drones don't mix.

I used to pull banners over those ball fields (and the ball fields that were there before the current ones) back when it was still legal to do that sort of thing. I spent many many hours flying around that chunk of airspace. All of those ball fields are well within the bounds of the Philly class Bravo surface area. Seems like the FAA will have a pretty solid case against him.

The view of Vet Stadium from my old office.
Vets3.jpg

Taking that risk for baseball??? Really?

They have a large sign outside the stadium saying no RC equipment and he had the audacity to fly over into sadium near 3rd base? These noobs are gonna ruin it for us all. Hope he gets sued by the Phillies and the FAA fines him.

How was he even able to take off if he was in class B airspace?
According to DJI's no fly zone website, the stadium is located on the outer edge of the limited height fly zone due to its proximity to Philly International Airport. The stadium is not in the no fly zone which is why he was able to take off. That being said, flying over a semi crowded stadium (Phillies suck and don't draw the crowds they did 5 years ago) is what will potentially land him in trouble with the FAA.

"a far left dumb azz liberal "

Do we sense a man who dislikes the free and open views from the left ? (they aren't really left of anything)
Nothing wrong with Liberals you just don't let them in-charge of anything to do with humans and well being
:)

ps: they would let us fly anywhere we like, so that's worth a vote.

The guy was an idiot for doing that.

But the reporter said the police were trying to figure out
where he was standing while flying the Phantom because
by law he had to have been maintaining line of sight.
Incorrect. No such law exists.

The guy was an idiot for doing that.

But the reporter said the police were trying to figure out
where he was standing while flying the Phantom because
by law he had to have been maintaining line of sight.
Incorrect. No such law exists.
Never let the facts get in the way of a good newspaper story. And they wonder why that business model is circling the drain.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31