Man caught after fleeing police standoff, shooting at drone

dirkclod

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Reactions: Ansia
Sorry I hadn’t had time to see just what was going on when I saw that. I figure they were using one to look for him and he shot at it.

Ya, he shot at a "police" drone. Anyone shoots at your drone and the police will most like say huh?

Not in the USA except (possibly) some very rural areas.

@Hummingbird.UAV
Move to the US. You don't shoot at drones, even in rural areas. My County Sheriff uses them, and he has zero tolerance for even threatening to shoot another's drone. It IS illegal to shoot at drones in the US, regardless of location. And quite stupid as well. And I'm pretty rural, just so's ya know. (We hear banjos, off in the distance late at night, purty reg'lar... ?)

Brad

@Hummingbird.UAV
Move to the US. You don't shoot at drones, even in rural areas. My County Sheriff uses them, and he has zero tolerance for even threatening to shoot another's drone. It IS illegal to shoot at drones in the US, regardless of location. And quite stupid as well. And I'm pretty rural, just so's ya know. (We hear banjos, off in the distance late at night, purty reg'lar... ?)

Brad
'Deliverance' drones?

Reactions: MTO and sar104
I wrote the DA in that Co. and asked him if they were going to charge him with shooting at the drone but
he has not returned my e mail yet . Will post what he says if he ever does .
I did let him know we all were wanting to know .

I wrote the DA in that Co. and asked him if they were going to charge him with shooting at the drone but
he has not returned my e mail yet . Will post what he says if he ever does .
I did let him know we all were wanting to know .

Probably not, as most know, the usual M.O. is to charge a perp with the most serious of the crime spree and not clutter the case with the lesser charges.
Sure, you can run 50 red lights in a car chase, but they'll just charge you with the murder you left behind.

Here they stack on lots of charges normally then if you
will plead guilty to the main one or one’s they want they
will drop the others.

Reactions: Shoot4fun
Huh? Someone let bees loose in here? I don't get it...
? Hard to make out without notes or music. It's suppose to be drones playing the Deliverance Dueling Banjos as referenced by Kirby Johnson above. Just more of my badly delivered humor.

Reactions: dronesky

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic