Making a P3 Standard look less ugly/more like the P4?

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I purchased a P3 standard a few weeks back. I wanted to know if anyone has any tips for cleaning it up and making it look nicer/simpler. I've started by removing the colorful bands.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks.
Nick :)

I don't know if anyone did any cosmetic mods to theirs in this regard, I think its fine the way it is and added weight is something you don't want. Removing the bands.. They are there to help identify which is front and which is back but in my experience I never seen the stickers just the lights so I guess it would be ok to remove them. But anyway I wouldn't add anything to it if I was you.

I don't know if anyone did any cosmetic mods to theirs in this regard, I think its fine the way it is and added weight is something you don't want. Removing the bands.. They are there to help identify which is front and which is back but in my experience I never seen the stickers just the lights so I guess it would be ok to remove them. But anyway I wouldn't add anything to it if I was you.
Yeah, what he said... Ugly, how dare you, they have feelings:eek:

I've never been a lover of any drone / multi-rotor in the looks dept. But I have to say that the DJI Phantom series at least try to smooth out the cosmetics unlike some you see ...

I removed the arm stickers from both my P3 4K and P3A. It gives them a very nice white/clean look. I think the arm stickers are cheesy and cheap looking.

Maybe you can find something you like here:
DJI Phantom 3 Skins | DecalGirl
These are great products, and can be easily removed. I designed my own and had it installed in a week:
20161116_161353.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod
Love that Co. Techcop , where I get mine and they turn em out fast and cheap .;)
DBC85E53-6D32-413C-A77E-F9522A1C4D00.JPG

I can't see em when I'm flying they are just for looks really but check out that site . You can upload your image and make it like you want . Like I just used our flag and put the names there . 30 bucks and were there in a week and are tough .
Just make sure when your are on that site you pick the right bird your getting one for if you get one .

Reactions: captainmilehigh
I wouldn't worry about the P3S looks. You're going to want a P4P in less than a month. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

and if they look alike, you will get to the field and find out you grabbed the wrong one. If you have to change it... I suggest a P3-MUTT. red/silver/gold stripes.

I was thinking about getting some myself for my P3S. Maybe a color or design that can be seen better than the stock white against the hazy sky.

Any suggestions on color/design? Thx.

I had an r/c airplane (v tail ugly stick) that I made charcoal black, with gold trim. You couldn't see it on the grass standing next to it, but it showed up great against the sky.

I was thinking about getting some myself for my P3S. Maybe a color or design that can be seen better than the stock white against the hazy sky.

Any suggestions on color/design? Thx.

"My other drones a P4P" bumper sticker maybe.

Do they balk at copyrights? I can see an R2D2 unit on the top flying it.

"My other drones a P4P" bumper sticker maybe.

Do they balk at copyrights? I can see an R2D2 unit on the top flying it.

Not much into seeing it as a dot far away anyway.

I'm happy seeing what it sees from miles away from me. Love my Itelite DBS mod. [emoji3]

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31