maintenance

Reaction score
Hi another newbie qustion. Is there any maintenance on the Phantom or is it basically a sealed unit? I used to have to do constance maintenance on my r/c cars back in the day. Thanks in advance

And make sure you are storing your batteries properly.

+1 to what these guys ave said.

Might add to it: to check battery contacts and data pins for oxidation. Clean as req.

What is the best way to store the batteries. Thanks
Under 40% charge. They will discharge on their own after a predefined amount of time (default=7 days, you can change it in the app). This ensures that if you do a full charge and don't get to fly that day, they'll discharge themselves to a safe level.
Generally speaking, don't charge them until you know you're going to fly that day. I set a reminder on my phone a few hours before I plan to go out so I don't forget.

Under 40% charge. They will discharge on their own after a predefined amount of time (default=7 days, you can change it in the app). This ensures that if you do a full charge and don't get to fly that day, they'll discharge themselves to a safe level.
Generally speaking, don't charge them until you know you're going to fly that day. I set a reminder on my phone a few hours before I plan to go out so I don't forget.
Yeah this is real easy now with only one battery!! We all want just to get it in the sky for now but this is going to get old real quick!

Problem is, I've missed a couple of good opportunities because I didn't have a charged battery with old Phantom. So I'm more likely to risk shortening the life for the benefit of having a battery ready to go.

I notice some people seem to remove the props between flights. Is that just because they're easy to damage during transport?

Hi another newbie qustion. Is there any maintenance on the Phantom or is it basically a sealed unit?
DJI released a maintenance manual for the Inspire. You could get ideas from that.
http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/inspire_1/en/Inspire_1_Maintenance_ManualV1.0_en.pdf

I notice some people seem to remove the props between flights. Is that just because they're easy to damage during transport?
Because the Phantom is a lot easier to fit in a case with props off and they take 2 seconds to fit.

Wow, I'm surprised, nobody mentioned the 7 flight oil changes or the 20 flight spark plugs checks or the regular checks of the washer fluid for the cam lenses. Thankfully we don't have brakes to worry about since we have thrust reversers.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31