Maint. of DRONE(s)??

Reaction score
So am I overthinking this? Do you have to perform any maint. on the elec. motors on a drone, especially if it has not been flown in sandy or salty conditions? When I happen to run my RC trucks in wet, snowy, and muddy conditions, I take the motor out and run it in a container of water, then dry it out, then lube the bearings. Do the bearings in these motors require any "lubing"? H.P.:rolleyes:

I would think that it totally depends on the environment in which you are taking off and Landing. If it doesn't typically get dirty hits going to be pretty okay but every once in a while I like to take some Compressed Air and blow out the motors.
If you did get some water and moisture or anything like that in there maybe a blast of WD-40. Keeping it clean is the best thing you can do.

I would think that it totally depends on the environment in which you are taking off and Landing. If it doesn't typically get dirty hits going to be pretty okay but every once in a while I like to take some Compressed Air and blow out the motors.
If you did get some water and moisture or anything like that in there maybe a blast of WD-40. Keeping it clean is the best thing you can do.
I kinda figured drones don't really see the types of environment(s) that RC cars/trucks do, so I didn't know if a person had to put a few drops of oil on the bearings or not for just because. Just got done doing a little maint. on my RC truck and it got me thinking. Thanx! H.P.:)

Don’t lube. It just retains dust/dirt.

DJI does not specify any maintenance other than replacing damaged props.

Brushless motors do not have any wearing parts other than bearings which will last hundreds of hours.

The motors will likely outlast the drone itself.

Here is what is recommended by AirData
IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

Reactions: oconnb and dronesky
Don’t lube. It just retains dust/dirt.

DJI does not specify any maintenance other than replacing damaged props.

Brushless motors do not have any wearing parts other than bearings which will last hundreds of hours.

The motors will likely outlast the drone itself.
Thanks, I sort of figured as much, since they aren't flown in really harsh environments. H.P.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72