Magic power 5 mod

Reaction score
So who’s tried the magic power 5 mod software mod
I’ve just done it and it seems to work but will need to do more tests any help on this please folks [emoji1303]

I’ve just done it and it seems to work but will need to do more tests any help on this please folks [emoji1303]

Only me again this works for I have 0.9 of a mile never done this before with my bird I normally lose it at 0.5 of mile where I live I’m a happy man [emoji16]

Friendly reminder Magic Power is intended to beef up the video transmission. It doesn't claim to do anything for radio control.

There is a switch within the magic app to toggle it to fcc mod and I did know that too I was on about the all round better performance I’m now getting in relation to Signal and video performance are on par with each other plus I’ve modded my controller too thank you for your reply dude
IMG_1886.jpg

There is a switch within the magic app to toggle it to fcc mod and I did know that too I was on about the all round better performance I’m now getting in relation to Signal and video performance are on par with each other plus I’ve modded my controller too thank you for your reply dude View attachment 96631

One more thing I don’t claim that it is in fcc mode I’ve got no way of testing it but what I am stating is that with my set up I’ve done the controller mod and the power mod it a all round better bird to fly no more video lag no more weak signal on both the thing I can say is I do get more warnings about strong interference detected thing but I check my data on UAV data and there is not one single error so not sure going to keep testing and reading and in the mean time the errors will keeps me on your toes

Reactions: Cellblock776
Magic Power didn't increase your control signal range, your new antennas did.

One more thing I don’t claim that it is in fcc mode I’ve got no way of testing it but what I am stating is that with my set up I’ve done the controller mod and the power mod it a all round better bird to fly no more video lag no more weak signal on both the thing I can say is I do get more warnings about strong interference detected thing but I check my data on UAV data and there is not one single error so not sure going to keep testing and reading and in the mean time the errors will keeps me on your toes
What selection for fcc in app?
Do you mean the region drop down . Between US and OB ( default) ??

LarBear and Snarg are dead on...Magic Power 5 will do this only: increase the FPV connection from drone to your remote (the video feed). I noticed only a very little increase in range. NOW, after I did the Argtek mod like yours (in the picture you posted)....the controller range went way up. That combined with Magic Power 5, and the P3S drone goes much farther away form me now and the video transmission back to my iPad increased a lot as well.

I'm a fanatic when it comes to trying to squeeze every ounce of potential out of the P3S. Some of what I've tried worked out well, others not so much.

Reactions: mtntrogger
LarBear and Snarg are dead on...Magic Power 5 will do this only: increase the FPV connection from drone to your remote (the video feed). I noticed only a very little increase in range. NOW, after I did the Argtek mod like yours (in the picture you posted)....the controller range went way up. That combined with Magic Power 5, and the P3S drone goes much farther away form me now and the video transmission back to my iPad increased a lot as well.

I'm a fanatic when it comes to trying to squeeze every ounce of potential out of the P3S. Some of what I've tried worked out well, others not so much.
What has worked for you mate that helped with range.

I have magic power in us mode. Plus 27db.
And argtek atennas. That's all.

My last test flight was 4600ft .

Well, here’s how I am able to push the range of my p3s to more than double the range of stock.

1. Magic Power 5. Easy as heck and free. lots of YouTube tutorials on how to install on your p3s controller.

2. This simple parabolic windsurfer. I've tried many, this one works the best by far. You just remove the plastic film that covers the reflector part, slide it on as shown and remember to point it in the vicinity of your drone. Amazon.com: Copper Parabolic Antenna Range Booster for DJI Phantom 3 Standard Edition Controller Transmitter Signal Extend: Toys & Games

Do BOTH to get really solid connectivity.

....and then, I just swapped out the stock antenna with Argtek... But what I put in #1 and #2 helped a ton. Argtek did improve things, but the more I think about it $60 of Argtrek vs. just doing like I said in #1 and #2 above...I'd save the money and go with windsurfer and Magic Power 5.

So you got 4,600 ft....but how? In the city or in the wide open spaces of the country side (ie: no wifi interference at all)...

I ask because 4,600ft in the crowded city is more than good for a P3S.

If you just flat out need to fly way far out and back, consider Litchi. The waypoint missions you create have the option to "continue on" the mission even if the remote loses connection with the drone. I'm not trying to promote reckless flying behaviour... it's just that over a lake I did a Litchi mission that flew WAY out there and half the flight it was disconnected, but it did come back. I got 13,000+ (again over a big lake) thru a Litchi Waypoint mission. It is nerve wracking because you're never sure it's going to come back.

I think bottom line: it's good to remember we're talking about Phantom 3 Standard.... it is 5 years old technology. If big time range is your thing...go for a Mavic 2 Pro.

Well, here’s how I am able to push the range of my p3s to more than double the range of stock.

1. Magic Power 5. Easy as heck and free. lots of YouTube tutorials on how to install on your p3s controller.

2. This simple parabolic windsurfer. I've tried many, this one works the best by far. You just remove the plastic film that covers the reflector part, slide it on as shown and remember to point it in the vicinity of your drone. Amazon.com: Copper Parabolic Antenna Range Booster for DJI Phantom 3 Standard Edition Controller Transmitter Signal Extend: Toys & Games

....and then, I just swapped out the stock antenna with Argtek... But what I put in #1 and #2 helped a ton. Argtek did improve things, but the more I think about it $60 of Argtrek vs. just doing like I said in #1 and #2 above...I'd save the money and go with windsurfer and Magic Power 5.

So you got 4,600 ft....but how? In the city or in the wide open spaces of the country side (ie: no wifi interference at all)...

If you just flat out need to fly way far out and back, consider Litchi. The waypoint missions you create have the option to "continue on" the mission even if the remote loses connection with the drone. I'm not trying to promote reckless flying behaviour... it's just that over a lake I did a Litchi mission that flew WAY out there and half the flight it was disconnected, but it did come back. I got 13,000+ (again over a big lake) thru a Litchi Waypoint mission. It is nerve wracking because you're never sure it's going to come back.

I think bottom line: it's good to remember we're talking about Phantom 3 Standard.... it is 5 years old technology. If big time range is your thing...go for a Mavic 2 Pro.
Argtek antennas got me 4600ft lol .

Can u mod the windsurfer to fit the argtek middle 10dbi antenna ?

Also. Yeah I know it's old... I dont really like the look of the mavic. I love the cool crisp look of the phantoms ... I wish they made phantom 5... and look like 4.. or 3... =(

I tried to use two parabolic reflectors on the middle antenna of argtek. No improvement.

Agreed...the crisp look of p3s is very nice.

Ah that saved me money then haha.

I think my next purchase will be the sensors from the pro or advanced p4 . Apparently they give off better signals.

Just need to find cheap ones. As you said .. old drone.. not many parts .

I’m a litchi user and yea it’s scary your drone flies away for 25 minutes and I’ve flown it 6 miles and it flew flawlessly u can see video on YouTube under Fairmount park riverside

WOW! Fantastic. So smooth! Thanks for sharing. Another video of the great Phantom 3 Standard bringin' it!

Reactions: Reuben burciaga

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20