M200

Reaction score
Any body know if DJI has released price points for the M200?

Any word on a release date? I had a couple of vendors indicate that they were supposed to be in around this time, but that seems to have been pushed back.

I was told +/-$5000 for the low end and $15,000 for the fully loaded version. Also was told this was the month so we'll see.

The numbers above are direct from dealer quotes for those configurations, so I assume that they are accurate.
I understand but the multiple gimbal non-rtk system is not the lowest priced system to be offered, at least that's how it was explained to me. Personally im not interested in the multiple gimbals but am in the RTK so im assuming ill be in the $10,000 range. Someone looking for a single gimbal non-rtk may be able to save a few bucks.

I understand but the multiple gimbal non-rtk system is not the lowest priced system to be offered, at least that's how it was explained to me. Personally im not interested in the multiple gimbals but am in the RTK so im assuming ill be in the $10,000 range. Someone looking for a single gimbal non-rtk may be able to save a few bucks.

Agreed - the 200 single-payload will be cheaper. Not sure about single-payload RTK though - the 210 is multiple payload, and the 200 does not have an RTK version as far as I can tell.

Base price of the M210-RTK is going to start around $15k. Sensors start at ~$600 to over $9k for the fancy stuff.

Base price of the M210-RTK is going to start around $15k. Sensors start at ~$600 to over $9k for the fancy stuff.

The aircraft is $14,999, the Z30 is $8,999, the XT FLIR (336 x 256) is $6,440, the XT Performance FLIR (640 x 512) is $11,270, and the XT Radiometric (640 x 512) is $13,370. Not sure what you are going to get for $600.

Reactions: BigAl07
I'm not sure why anyone would buy a $15k drone and then stick a small-sensor $600 camera on it
I knew that was going to be your next post... Here's a thorough review of the X5 vs the X4 and I don't think you get a lot more value for the $1,900 price tag. Some might find their money better spent on an extra set of batteries, a top mounted gimbal, etc. But for mapping purposes, you'll want to get the best sensor out there, because that's the only reason you're flying in the first place.

I knew that was going to be your next post... Here's a thorough review of the X5 vs the X4 and I don't think you get a lot more value for the $1,900 price tag. Some might find their money better spent on an extra set of batteries, a top mounted gimbal, etc. But for mapping purposes, you'll want to get the best sensor out there, because that's the only reason you're flying in the first place.

I'm glad not to have disappointed. I wasn't trying to argue - it just never occurred to me that it would be a combination of interest. I had not seen that particular comparison review but it is consistent with the others I have read. The lens resolution, interchangeable lenses, noise levels etc., all make the X5S easily worth the extra in my opinion, and relatively down in the price noise if you are spending $15k on the aircraft alone. Maybe a different calculation with regard to the much cheaper Inspire that was in the review.

EDIT: On further reflection - there is one obvious use case for the X4S - if one were primarily using the top gimbal for inspections then the X4S just to supplement the forward view camera might be a good choice.

never occurred to me that it would be a combination of interest
You see it in other hobbies, like computer gaming, where people will spend $3K on some new hardware and then balk at spending $40 for software. But like you said, why by a sports car and put Walmart tires on it.

Heard this week that the M200 will start shipping in the next 1-2 weeks for those that pre-purchased and the M210-RTK will likely be closer to September.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl