lucky, am I doing something wrong? landing throttle stop, dosnt cut motors

Reaction score
I start saying lucky because I do have prop gaurds, when landing with auto land, bird touches down but likes to tip back (lucky it has sit on the gaurds) and I pull sticks straight down and hold and bird dosnt throttle down. happened three times ive flown it four, all in beginner mode. do I need to calibrate something? I do have landing gear extenders could that be it? fairly level groung im landing on.

when landing with auto land, bird touches down but likes to tip back (lucky it has sit on the gaurds) and I pull sticks straight down and hold and bird dosnt throttle down. happened three times ive flown it four, all in beginner mode. do I need to calibrate something?
The procedure you describe is not the way to shut down your motors.
In case you haven't found the manual for your Phantom, it's here:
Page 43 shows you what to do.
Use method 2.

Reactions: mangycat
Lucky alright left stick down only----just incase you can't get manual
Screenshot_20190415-171705.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
You needed to be more specific- he won’t work it out unless you say keep holding the left stick fully down until motors stop.... I would suggest reading the manual front to back at lest twice....
Opps I forgot to add pic

Final thing .... try not to use auto-land all the way to ground .....

Because I have fairly uneven ground - I like to left stick down to descend at a rate I like ..... as it nears the ground _ I ease off and stop descending ... with right stick - I then choose my touch down point and then left stick gently down ... as soon as it touches - left stick all way down and hold till motors shut down.

I can land my P3 on a 12" x 12" tile that way ... its good practice.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj