Low Voltage Warnings?

havasuphoto said:
How could you have a broken compass with only a few flights?
Also-are you sure you're not confusing the flashing red light with something else? You will get at least 1 flashing red light if you fall below 6 satellites in GPS Mode. Also, if you put the aircraft in Manual mode-it will flash red(don't do that).

Compass calibration will be just yellow flashes, or yellow and green. But, you normally do the compass dance before any first flight, right?? you should.....
After that, pull the battery plug(reset), and put it back in, and just leave the aircraft alone for about a minute. You should see rapidly flashing green-indicating it's found home lock. That doesn't necessarily mean it has all 6 satellites. If you're still seeing a red flash, just wait. OR, you can fly in Atti mode, where you will get green followed by a yellow flash.

These flashing red lights are defiantly not a GPS issue because the phantom automatically lands its self, its defiantly a 'low voltage warning' according to the manual anyway... When I do the compass dance I don't reset the Phantom, I just let it sit for a few minutes while it acquires a home lock then constantly flashes green, it's only after take off the low voltage warning appears. The blades have little chips so I'm going to replace them just to be sure.. I really cannot see what this issue is... the phantom works fine full throttle on the ground with no blades attached.

havasuphoto said:
If the blades have little chips in them-I'm not getting the complete story. Any damage to the blades, make them useless.

Oh right, so even a tiny chip will cause these low voltage warnings?!

IrMarky said:
havasuphoto said:
If the blades have little chips in them-I'm not getting the complete story. Any damage to the blades, make them useless.

I depends on what you mean by a tiny chip. If the props are not producing enough lift, then they will require a higher power setting to hover. Is your throttle past 1/2, while hovering? If your up to 3/4 throttle just to keep the aircraft in the air-you have problems. Props may be one issue. You could also have a bad engine.....are any of them rough to turn? do they all turn with roughly equal resistance?

Like I said-I'm about out of idea's here. Something else to consider; just return it for replacement......

havasuphoto said:
IrMarky said:
havasuphoto said:

I depends on what you mean by a tiny chip. If the props are not producing enough lift, then they will require a higher power setting to hover. Is your throttle past 1/2, while hovering? If your up to 3/4 throttle just to keep the aircraft in the air-you have problems. Props may be one issue. You could also have a bad engine.....are any of them rough to turn? do they all turn with roughly equal resistance?

Like I said-I'm about out of idea's here. Something else to consider; just return it for replacement......

The throttle sticks are spring loaded so in the middle is always hover, and it hovers nicely in the middle. The engines are not rough to turn at all, they all seem exactly the same turning wise. I have replaced the props and will give it another try tomorrow, if no luck then I will contact Amazon.

Thank you very much for your help :D :D :D

Sounds like S2 is set to failsafe not GPS
.. You need to get 2 sets of green rapid flashing LED..
1 is home lock the other is GPS 6 satellites..
Mandrake

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic