Reaction score
Hi all I have a question for you all.

I have a dji phantom 3 standard.
When flying I get to about 150-190 metres and it starts to lose remote control signal. I have looked at everything and tried different things but still nothing, it flys fine, controlling it have no issues just the hight and distance I have trouble with. And then it comes up with weak image transmission so I bring it back down to about just under 100M and it comes back with image.

Hope all this makes sense and able to help

Thanks

I had a similar issue with my P3S. Tried everything. In the end DJI replaced the main board under warranty. I suspect one of the firmware updates may have been the culprit.
Unfortunately mine will be way past warranty, so I bet they will charge a bomb to do it

Unfortunately mine will be way past warranty, so I bet they will charge a bomb to do it
If I recall DJI returned it with some paper work indicating the value of the job at around $500. I've also heard of antennas coming loose both inside the controller and the drone. Obviously this requires opening things up. Not for the faint of heart.

When I had a P3S, I used the parabolic reflector type Antenna boosters. More than doubled my range. I also had a small USB powered booster that I rarely used or needed. In clean air, I could get a mile with just the parabolic instead of 150 yards before signal loss. Be careful to aim directly at your drone, if using reflectors, as the signal is narrowed. Cheap alternative anyway. Good luck, stay safe. ?

I had one doing the same thing. It didn't do it all the time. Mostly in my neighborhood. I chalked it up to interference. I had a second controller from another P3 that crashed. I tried linking it and that didn't work. I had had some repairs done to it so that left the internal antenna to blame. And that's where your at. It's the P3 antenna. Until your willing to take it apart or send it off for repairs you will be limited to 300 feet and risk losing control of it. Hope that's what you wanted to hear because that's the truth of the matter.

The drone is restricted to within 30 meters, both horizontally and vertically, from the location of the remote control when in Beginner Mode.
yes thats right but im not sure of your point in telling me

Hi all I have a question for you all.

I have a dji phantom 3 standard.
When flying I get to about 150-190 metres and it starts to lose remote control signal. I have looked at everything and tried different things but still nothing, it flys fine, controlling it have no issues just the hight and distance I have trouble with. And then it comes up with weak image transmission so I bring it back down to about just under 100M and it comes back with image.

Hope all this makes sense and able to help

Thanks

when ever this happen to me check the signals showing on cell , if i see no signal, i go to my wifi connection on cell phone punch phantom to hook up with hit forgort then type in 12341234. Then go back dji main screen i see good signal up and down take care of the problem. make it a habit to check for signal up to bird and back down to remote.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers