Low light performance

Meta4

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I flew here once with the P2V+ in the dark and the results were rubbish.
Tried it with the 3 and .....
630-55a-L.jpg

Panorama of six images @ 1/4-1/2 second each .. default settings, no messing around.
The P3 might be a keeper

Reaction score
Nice! Post card quality. Good job.

Reaction score
I know this is coming so let me be the one.... What camera settings did you use?

Meta4

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Hi Frank ... I just left it on auto everything.
The P3 decided on ISO 1600 and the shutter speeds were 1/4-1/2 second in pretty still air.
I switched off the LEDs on the front arms because the time I tried night photos with the P2V+, there was a red wash on the pix.
The P3 is such a sweet bird to fly.
Once you understand all the details so you're not going to hit a tree or have RTH issues, the P3 flies just the way it should and the FPV on the tablet is so good to work with - everything the pilot needs right there. No losing wifi issues at more than useful ranges and it descends straight down 50% faster than the P2.
The FPV is so good I've done a couple of flights now without seeing the P3 until I bring it home.

Reaction score
Very nice Meta, very nice indeed!

I didnt know you can turn the front lights off. From the app Im assuming??

Reaction score
Thanks for that. Its nice DJI thought of something like that to improve pictures/videos.

Reaction score
Awesome shot.

So out of interest is it just a matter of taking a few shots with rotation, and gimble angle changes that people use for photo stitching?

ianwood

Taco Wrangler
Reaction score
Great shot. This is where I plan to use the P3P a lot. Night time. It is good timing as I am just starting a new project to shoot video of cityscapes at night.

Reaction score
It's one of those things in the app that you only see when the Phantom is connected.
Here ...
i-9Bphh43-L.png
Thanks to this post I just discovered that downloading the pilot app from the play store versus DJI site I am missing a lot of the app! I just uninstalled the app and reinstalled from DJI know I have all the app features. Thank you!!!! :)

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Droning Dave Iorwerth