Low C flight battery question

The battery is quite substantial in weight and even with an unladen Phantom the resultant All Up Weight would be close to exceeding the maximum specified by DJI leaving no room for a camera, gimbal, FPV, etc. Also if you exceed the 1C recommended rating of the battery for extended periods it will prematurely age.

A safer, and considerably cheaper, option are the Multistar 3s10C batteries offered by HobbyKing. There is a 4000mAh 10C battery which physically is only slightly larger than the commonly used Turnigy 2200mAh and will fit in the internal battery space of a Phantom V1 by just slightly widening the aperture of the battery bay. See the Youtube link below.

http://youtu.be/SpI9fvhjwpo

If you choose to fit a Phantom V2 battery shell you will also easily fit the Multistar 10c 5200mAh, maybe even a pair of the 4000mAh batteries in parallel.

I use a pair of the 4000mAh 3s Multistars in parallel on my F550 Hexacopter which has an AUW of close to 2.5kg and flight times are just short of 15 minutes. In fact I use one of these batteries in my endurance FPV plane and get nearly an hour of flight time.

Regards

Nidge

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4