Love my new P3, but wondering..

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and the Phantom 3, but flying quads and RC in general for awhile. I just picked up a new P3 advanced and love everything about it.. I have had a number of flights so far, It works great no issues. That brings me to my question, I have been reading about Phantoms going crazy, having crashes, etc.. all after the owners upgrade the transmitter or the firmware.. So know I am wondering if I should upgrade anything at all? I have also heard that if you don't upgrade then eventually either the P3 or the transmitter will just stop working.. So for all the experienced pilots on here, whats the deal? what have you guys done?

I would not want to risk a flight without upgrading every single thing I could, but that's just my opinion.

On the other hand, if I knew a certain firmware release had a bug in it, or there was something about it that made it unattractive, that would be different. But for the most part, the upgrades are generally written by DJI to promote the integrity of your aircraft. So I think it's a good idea.

I am running the latest firmware along with IOS 9.2 and have zero issues

I'm new to the forum and the Phantom 3, but flying quads and RC in general for awhile. I just picked up a new P3 advanced and love everything about it.. I have had a number of flights so far, It works great no issues. That brings me to my question, I have been reading about Phantoms going crazy, having crashes, etc.. all after the owners upgrade the transmitter or the firmware.. So know I am wondering if I should upgrade anything at all? I have also heard that if you don't upgrade then eventually either the P3 or the transmitter will just stop working.. So for all the experienced pilots on here, whats the deal? what have you guys done?
I have the update installed and no issues at all. If anything I'm getting more range. I tend to always do what the manufacture recommends

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31