Lost signal after taking HDR shots

Reaction score
I've been getting lost signal errors lately. Today when I was reading picture settings at home I noticed that after every HDR picture, I get an intermittent signal lost prompt, that comes back a few seconds later.

That is definitely a bug. Try it people and report if you're experiencing the same. FYI I'm on Android everything latest advanced.

Welcome to my world. Since I bought the Phantom 3 nothing but losing signal. Its only momentarily and comes right back. But, for this I would never trust traveling 1.5 miles out like these other people. I too have android. Samsung Galaxy S5. Everything latest update. Everytime I fly it loses signals at some points. Video FPV lags every now and then but its intermittent. I just ended up saying screw it and at least my Phantom 3 isn't flying off like other peoples. At no point does it lose remote signal. I'm able to still control the Phantom 3 every time it loses video signal or app crashes.

I've had lost signal going from camera to video on a couple of occasions. Only restarting the RC controller will fix it. Restarting tablet didn't help. RC firmware for my issue I expect.

I lost signal taking a 5 bracket shot when the P3 was 3.5 miles away. It came right back so I tried it again and lost signal again. The P3 was set to take bracketed shots only, I prefer to do my own HDR or EF in post.

I think it is a bug or saving the shots overloads the processor and it cannot continue sending the video or control feed to the receiver. Since my sequence of shots did not require onboard HDR tone mapping I tend to think its the act of saving 5 RAW pics to the memory card that causes the disconnect.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
I lost signal taking a 5 bracket shot when the P3 was 3.5 miles away...........
Wow! That's a long way off! 3.5 miles?! You do know the unit specs out at 1.24 miles? You're more than twice the supported distance! I'm not surprised at losing signal that far away.

Wow! That's a long way off! 3.5 miles?! You do know the unit specs out at 1.24 miles? You're more than twice the supported distance! I'm not surprised at losing signal that far away.
Yea I thought the same thing until I saw this thread, I haven't tried it at a closer distance. Plenty of other members have gone farther, I took it out over the ocean to get a shot of a bridge, the only way to get a picture of this particular bridge is either with a boat or by flying 3.5 miles.

Yea I thought the same thing until I saw this thread, I haven't tried it at a closer distance. Plenty of other members have gone farther, I took it out over the ocean to get a shot of a bridge, the only way to get a picture of this particular bridge is either with a boat or by flying 3.5 miles.
Yeah, I'm itching to fly that far away, but just haven't gotten the nerve yet. Flew out to 1.5 miles today, though! I'll get there soon.

Yeah, I'm itching to fly that far away, but just haven't gotten the nerve yet. Flew out to 1.5 miles today, though! I'll get there soon.
As long as there's no wind, you have a strong signal, and you've used less than 40% of your battery, might as well keep going. After the first mile you'll never see it again anyway if it goes down. I only push mine to the limits to get a shot I couldn't have gotten any other way, but when it comes down to risking the Phantom to get the footage, I'll risk it every time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.