Lost Right Stick control and Distance calculator

Reaction score
Wow. So only my second day. Maybe 10th flight. All short sub 5 minute flights. I updated to new fw when I first got bird on Thurs. I am using DJI GO on a iOS 8.4 iPad Air.

So i noticed that first, today, when I did pre-flight checks, calibrated compass...started motors, then looked at the app...it showed "auto-land" as opposed to auto-take off. so i shut everything down. rebooted ipad. powered everything back on. same thing. i took off manually no problem.

fast forward 4 or 5 short flights. i lose control of forward right stick. nothing. zilch. full forward right stick gives me nothing. i am only about 10 feet up, and 10 feet away from bird. i manage to land ok, then power everything down.

same thing happened again. but this time, i lose full Left on the Right stick. so i cannot move bird left. the gimbal, interestingly, moved as if i were moving fully to the left...so the camera reacted to my stick command, but the bird did nothing.

what do you all think is going on. had i lost any portion of my right stick and i was a mile away...dont know what i would have done.

this is scary, and unacceptable behavior...at least to my noob eyes.

Help?

oh, and my distance metric is out of whack. the bird was 5 feet from me, and it was reading 98 feet away, at my max distance cuz im still flying in "beginner"

Try to calibrate the RC Controller sticks.
Select the Controller Icon on the top right of center of the app display
Select RC Calibration on the RC Settings Screen
Select Calibrate and follow the instructions.

Reactions: timz5011 and Tricky
Any thoughts on why distance was wildly inaccurate?
After you take it off the first time from a particular spot and the phantom sets the home point that is where the distance is metered from.
If you changed locations from the last time you flew and it didn't reset the home point, the distance will be off.

Reactions: Tricky
I did change location....a few suburban blocks away. Reset compass...why do your think home point didn't automatically re-record to my new location?
Why I cant answer-- if you are running IOS-- hit the H icon on the left of the screen, you can reset the Home Point.

Just wanted to properly give you kudos sir. This ^^^ worked...went through the full RC calibration, and experienced zero loss of stick control...thank you!

Wow. So only my second day. Maybe 10th flight. All short sub 5 minute flights. I updated to new fw when I first got bird on Thurs. I am using DJI GO on a iOS 8.4 iPad Air.

So i noticed that first, today, when I did pre-flight checks, calibrated compass...started motors, then looked at the app...it showed "auto-land" as opposed to auto-take off. so i shut everything down. rebooted ipad. powered everything back on. same thing. i took off manually no problem.

fast forward 4 or 5 short flights. i lose control of forward right stick. nothing. zilch. full forward right stick gives me nothing. i am only about 10 feet up, and 10 feet away from bird. i manage to land ok, then power everything down.

same thing happened again. but this time, i lose full Left on the Right stick. so i cannot move bird left. the gimbal, interestingly, moved as if i were moving fully to the left...so the camera reacted to my stick command, but the bird did nothing.

what do you all think is going on. had i lost any portion of my right stick and i was a mile away...dont know what i would have done.

this is scary, and unacceptable behavior...at least to my noob eyes.

Help?

oh, and my distance metric is out of whack. the bird was 5 feet from me, and it was reading 98 feet away, at my max distance cuz im still flying in "beginner"

P3P, GL300A,FW v1.2.30,Android DJI Pilot, upgraded both P3 and GL300A

Have lost forward flight on right stick. Any altitude any distance, push for forward
flight and about 40% of the time NOTHING... stick dead? Suspect v1.2.30 on
controller... but it is impossible to downgrade controller firmware.

P3P, GL300A,FW v1.2.30,Android DJI Pilot, upgraded both P3 and GL300A

Have lost forward flight on right stick. Any altitude any distance, push for forward
flight and about 40% of the time NOTHING... stick dead? Suspect v1.2.30 on
controller... but it is impossible to downgrade controller firmware.
Have you tried :

Have you tried :

Yes, but it may have been after reloading V1.2.6 and flying. Same problem,
30-40% of the time, the forward flight stick goes dead. It will fly forward
for a while and then stop suddenly... after that the stick is dead for forward
flight... still does right/left and back just fine.

I turn it around or fly backwards for awhile... and then after a while the
forward stick works for a while and then intermittently goes dead again.

Yes, but it may have been after reloading V1.2.6 and flying. Same problem,
30-40% of the time, the forward flight stick goes dead. It will fly forward
for a while and then stop suddenly... after that the stick is dead for forward
flight... still does right/left and back just fine.

I turn it around or fly backwards for awhile... and then after a while the
forward stick works for a while and then intermittently goes dead again.
Try a new controller.

Try a new controller.

Thanks, but I have no access to another controller and can not afford to buy a
new one. There was never a problem flying under FW v1.2.6... but I made the
mistake of following DJI advice to always update to the latest firmware and
now the quad is basically worthless.

There is no Android DJI GO app to try and fix the controller which is stuck
on v1.3.20... and the text message said it loaded correctly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl