Lost phantom 3 in rossendale uk

Reaction score
Lost a phantom 3 standard in bacup rossendale uk it got my op number on it in black and yellow above The battery would be very happy and grateful for its return
Will compensate the finder
Regards

Baz you should write up some small fliers and post them in the direction. I've watched youtube videos of people posting fliers and getting their drone back.

Hope you'll get it.
We would like to hear something about how this happened?

Dont really know it switched itself from gos mode to atti mode and just shot off I'd be interested to know why it switched itself from the gps to atti with 10 sats locked and a full signal from both the app and the controller any insight would be welcome

We would like to hear something about how this happened?
Read through this thread for more background info:

This is pretty common situation. Maybe satellites just for the moment dropped under 9 and this happens then automatically.
In such case you must fly it manually. This is the same as in GPS mode except you must compensate the drift with the wind.
If you don't touch the sticks it seems that it fly by itself. So in such situation it could go as far as the battery lasts if it don't crash into an obstacle. If there is some hills I would look at the hill which is in the direction it drifts.

Reactions: Baz greenwood
Lost a phantom 3 standard in bacup rossendale uk it got my op number on it in black and yellow above The battery would be very happy and grateful for its return
Will compensate the finder
Regards
If able, would you mind sending us some flight logs? These generally provide a lot of information and hopefully we can find your bird. Based off the information you provided, I'm in the assumption that your controller and mobile device maintained a stable connection throughout the duration of the flight, despite the loss of control. Good news, if this is the case, we should be able to get the coordinates of the drone's last known location (which is hopefully where it ended up). Cheers mate and best of luck!

Hi
No in a blind panic I tried to force a RTH by switching off the power to the transmitter ( this was based on owning a p1 and on that to force a RTH you did kill the power to the tx )
So its just a case of finding the needle in the haystack and as we are currently locked down with the corona crisis I've not had much of a chance to even look

I think despite of the corona situation you can go to look for it if it isn't at a heavily populated area.
And flight log would help.

Hi
No in a blind panic I tried to force a RTH by switching off the power to the transmitter ( this was based on owning a p1 and on that to force a RTH you did kill the power to the tx )
So its just a case of finding the needle in the haystack and as we are currently locked down with the corona crisis I've not had much of a chance to even look
Obviously, just ensure that you follow CDC guidelines. The less your drone experiences Mother Earth, the better it is for you and the AC. Cheers.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic