Lost P4adv+ Need help to read map to find it.

Reaction score
Hey. Have had a drone for a month and it has finally got free from us! Had been a bit erratic at times, ATTI mode, losing signal etc, but finally took off and nowhere to be seen.
Thanks to this forum I have worked out how to download the data but from what I'm reading it appears to climb to some height and then nothing.
We have walked the land although it's very overgrown so could be in dense bushes, but I'm not sure if the data is correct and should we be looking further away.
Disappointed as you can imagine, but had put a phone number on it just before this flight, so if it is found by a human, we may get lucky. Otherwise it's the Irish mountain sheep which will find it?
Any help much appreciated. M

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-05-06_[19-12-36].txt
    379.6 KB · Views: 383
Any help much appreciated. M
Here's what your flight data looks like: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
What can you say about the surface you launched from?
Was it steel or reinforced concrete .. or on top of a buried pipe etc?

The flight record ends with the Phantom at 54.30103 -5.93831.
But at the time it was 318 feet higher than the launch point and flying away at 12 mph so it's not going to be sitting at that point.
Normally it would RTH on loss of signal but ....
It was in atti mode due to a compass error/yaw error so it wasn't able to RTH.
And it's not going to have any GPS position holding ability so it would have drifted wherever the wind took it.
It ended with the battery still at 91% so it would have hovered for 20-ish minutes before landing when the battery got to critical low level.
Looking at the times where you had hands off the sticks, it suggests that the wind would have taken it further to the northeast.
How far is hard to say.

Reactions: Nightwolf
Thank you for the info. I wasn't sure about the speed and whether it would have just dropped from the sky or drifted. It was not particularly windy but at that height it probably would be.
The launch area is rocky ground with plants and vegetation close by but there is a hill close by so it had to rise up to clear this before it headed NE. I don't think there is any steel etc but house is also nearby (30ft) which has alot of steel beams etc in the construction.
I think we'll need to get another drone to go look for it!! lol. It was fabulous though, we even managed to round up sheep with it!

It was in atti mode due to a compass error/yaw error so it wasn't able to RTH.
And it's not going to have any GPS position holding ability so it would have drifted wherever the wind took it.
It ended with the battery still at 91% so it would have hovered for 20-ish minutes before landing when the battery got to critical low level.
When the remote controller disconnects while the Phantom is flying in ATTI mode, it auto lands at its current location three seconds after the remote controller signal disconnects.

Based on the altitude when the remote controller disconnected and the wind, I'd recommend you start your search in this yellow box (starting from the bottom):

Location1.jpg

Any kind of flight control or compass errors are best acknowledged and the aircraft immediately landed. Any particular reason why you chose to continue the flight?

Any kind of flight control or compass errors are best acknowledged and the aircraft immediately landed. Any particular reason why you chose to continue the flight?

I think a combination of inexperience and losing visual of the drone meant we were unable to get it to respond to the controller.

Based on the altitude when the remote controller disconnected and the wind, I'd recommend you start your search in this yellow box (starting from the bottom):

View attachment 98598

Thanks for this. Have had an offer from another drone pilot to come and try and look for it, so will start in the yellow box. fingers crossed for that. Thanks again for the interest and advice, much appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.