Lost my Phantom 4 Advanced +

You had so many warnings, why did you continue with the flight. The overview says 1044 warnings, obviously something seriously wrong, you should have aborted and landed ASAP.
Sorry about your loss.

Reactions: paulmorel
[QUOTE = "Jayfdee, post: 1342416, medlem: 24404"] Du hade så många varningar, varför fortsatte du med flygningen. Överblicken säger 1044 varningar, uppenbarligen något seriöst fel, du borde ha avbrutit och landat ASAP.
Beklagar din förlust. [/ QUOTE]

The problem was that i lost the drone early and when i rebooted the RC was all connection lost.

[QUOTE = "Jayfdee, post: 1342416, medlem: 24404"] Du hade så många varningar, varför fortsatte du med flygningen. Överblicken säger 1044 varningar, uppenbarligen något seriöst fel, du borde ha avbrutit och landat ASAP.
Beklagar din förlust. [/ QUOTE]

The problem was that i lost the drone early and when i rebooted the RC was all connection lost.
You had compass errors right from the start, however if you upload your data as per Rodpad, you will get a much more definitive answer, sorry if I appear a bit uncaring in my comment, it must be awful to lose your aircraft.

You had so many warnings, why did you continue with the flight. The overview says 1044 warnings, obviously something seriously wrong, you should have aborted and landed ASAP.
Sorry about your loss.
Looks like he was in trouble in less than 20 secs, I don't think he had a choice after that, so I not sure what you mean by ASAP.

Rod

Reactions: paulmorel
Looks like he was in trouble in less than 20 secs, I don't think he had a choice after that, so I not sure what you mean by ASAP.

Rod
Looks like the first warnings came in whilst still hovering above the home point, time to land as soon as possible and investigate. Maybe it just took off and flew away before he could do anything, need more information of what actually happened.

Hmmm.....Second one in Norway this week with identical issues. I am wondering if this could indeed be a factor of being so close to the Arctic circle? No way to know, but it is an oddity to say the least. The flight should have been aborted immediately after the first compass error.

Hmmm.....Second one in Norway this week with identical issues. I am wondering if this could indeed be a factor of being so close to the Arctic circle? No way to know, but it is an oddity to say the least. The flight should have been aborted immediately after the first compass error.
Well we have had some extraordinary Aurora Borealis recently.

My computer is about to crash, so I need to restart, All I can see with my limited knowledge, is it would have drifted at 15 mph for a long time, until the battery depleted.

Hum, more Arctic circle stuff.

Rod

Rod
Sorry Rod, I may have misunderstood your post, ASAP in the UK is a common acronym for "as soon as possible", I am not sure if it is universal. I may have not understood your comment completely, so apologies.

Reactions: RodPad
Looks like the first warnings came in whilst still hovering above the home point, time to land as soon as possible and investigate. Maybe it just took off and flew away before he could do anything, need more information of what actually happened.

I calibrated the drones before I got up and when I got up a meter in the air, the drunker quickly started driving to a building 15 meters away and in order not to crash into the building I steered it and continued to push over the building and then panic and I pushed på RTH-knapparna men efter det fanns ett meddelande att byta från P-läge till A som jag gjorde. I quickly walked towards it when it drove away and after a while I had completely lost control and then I started the remote control and after that I never got more contact with the drronen.

The OP never had a chance. The RC Pitch and Roll controls were completely unresponsive upon takeoff. Not even to mention the compass errors.

RC_1.png

RC_2.png

Reactions: ChuckPheltnic
I calibrated the drones before I got up and when I got up a meter in the air, the drunker quickly started driving to a building 15 meters away and in order not to crash into the building I steered it and continued to push over the building and then panic and I pushed på RTH-knapparna men efter det fanns ett meddelande att byta från P-läge till A som jag gjorde. I quickly walked towards it when it drove away and after a while I had completely lost control and then I started the remote control and after that I never got more contact with the drronen.
This almost certainly had nothing to do with the aurora or your location in Norway.
What can you say about your launch spot?
Was it on a steel or reinforced concrete surface or close to a car or large steel object?

btw .. Why did you calibrate the compass?
There should never be any need to calibrate the compass under normal circumstances.

The OP never had a chance. The RC Pitch and Roll controls were completely unresponsive upon takeoff. Not even to mention the compass errors.

View attachment 96538
View attachment 96539

They were not unresponsive - they simply were not applied. The problem with the flight appears to have been a serious compass error at the start of the flight - the aircraft orientation was off by nearly 180°.

DJIFlightRecord_2018-03-18_[17-31-27]_01.png

If you look at the yaw data, the aircraft heading was initialized at around 350°. After takeoff that heading changed to around 45° (NE) and the FC, detecting drift, applied positive (rearward) pitch. That should have resulted in the aircraft moving to the SW but, instead, it moves NE - indicating that it was actually facing SW. Still based on a yaw of NE, the FC applies even more positive pitch to attempt to correct the motion, but that just makes it worse. RTH doesn't work for the same reason and in the end it cannot resolve the compass errors, drops into ATTI and continues to drift away to the NE.

DJIFlightRecord_2018-03-18_[17-31-27]_02.png

To add to my previous post - the appropriate corrective action would have been to switch immediately to ATTI, which would have stopped the incorrect attempts by the FC to correct for drift, and then fly it back. This was almost certainly due to severe magnetic interference at the launch site.

They were not unresponsive - they simply were not applied
I say non-responsive, because they were basically at the "Zero" input point. If the op were applying both throttle and rudder, which were responding, I can't fathom to see how it is not possible for the OP, under duress at some point apply Aileron and Elevator. That just does not make sense to me. Would you agree with that statement?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan