Lost my P3P - only 3 weeks old. WTF?!?

You can only upload Litchi logs to my log viewer. You uploaded the CSV file generated by Healthy Drones.

What's weird is that it shows my altitude going from a starting point of around 550 feet up to 1000 feet??? I took off from a parking garage - and my app doesn't allow me to go above 400 feet. I would think it would record my starting point as 0 - but even then....there is no way I went another 600 feet up!!!

You can only upload Litchi logs to my log viewer. You uploaded the CSV file generated by Healthy Drones.
I tried to get access to the Litchi log - however, I can't seem to access that App from my iphone when I plug into my computer (I followed the previous directions). Does the CSV tell you anything?

I don't think so - the home point was exactly where I was standing - so I don't think that was it :-(

"I realized I forgot to set the switch to GPS"

would that not mean you really did NOT have a home point!
GPS and homepoint go hand in hand ......

I switched it to god right away and it acquired the signal. It looked like it set a home point correctly.

I have NOOO idea what happened. In Chicago. Taking some great video all morning. Went to the the Navy Pier - fly up about 100 feet - and the drone just took off on me. I looked at my controller and it was in PATTI mode - I realized I forgot to set the switch to GPS - so I did that quickly. Established connection with about 19 satellites. It stabilized for a brief minute - then took off. After about 1400 feet - it got disconnected and started to return to home. I patiently waited - nothing. Never came back. Anyone know how to get your flight data from Litchi? I was flying in manual FPV mode. I am sooo pissed. I have been flying for a few months now - have gotten pretty good at controlling the drone - so really not sure what happened! Darn!

That is the risk we take from buying from a company that makes buggy products and does not give a dam about its customers. I hope my next drone will be made in the USA by people who care and take responsibility. Disillusion DJI customer.

That is the risk we take from buying from a company that makes buggy products and does not give a dam about its customers. I hope my next drone will be made in the USA by people who care and take responsibility. Disillusion DJI customer.

thanks for a useless waste of post and time.
YOU DO REALIZE this is a international forum and believe it or not
folks from others nations also take care and take responsibility...
little bit prejudiced a see.

This guy lost his drone

and it is possible it is a DJI fault --
the logs on his (OP) device can help determine that.
phantomhelp.com can show much detail of flight. only he can provide that

it is also possible that a combination of pilot error and unsafe flying/takeoff area.
caused the issue..
and that makes your rant baseless even more so!

good luck and have fun flying!

This is second thread I've read in last two days about fly always while using Litchi.....think I'll just stick to the DJI Go app for now.:confused:

Reactions: Phil56
This is second thread I've read in last two days about fly always while using Litchi.....think I'll just stick to the DJI Go app for now.:confused:
You should do some more research. Litchi is without a doubt one of the best and most reliable 3rd party apps out there.

The common denominator in these so-called 'fly aways' is ignorance. People don't understand how Litchi works, which settings to change when flying Litchi vs GO, how to double check mission settings, etc etc etc

Reactions: Loz and Meta4
I really appreciate all the passion around this issue! As the poor SOB that lost his drone - I really want to know what went wrong. I have been flying for a while now and the Phantom pro was my 3rd drone (by the way - I have a Mavic being delivered tomorrow :)) It is possible it was user (namely my) error. It is also possible it was caused by environmental issues (perhaps too much rebar?) and it is possible that it was caused by drone malfunction. For that matter - it is possible that it is a combination of all of the above! I have used the Litchi app quite a bit and definitely understand the functions and settings. Probably not as experienced as some of you but certainly not a newbie!

I do want to caution everyone regarding using LItchi (or any 3rd party app). I am trying to get DJI to analyze the flight data from LItchi, but I am told that their system is only equiped to analyze flight logs from DJI Go. In looking at the two differnet formats - it does look like DJI saves it in one format while Litchi saves it in an excel file. In any case - I have already been cautioned by DJI that more than likely they won't be able to analyze (and therefore determine cause of error) because it is coming from a 3rd party app. Basically - while they may allow 3rd party developers to access their technology - they do not take ownership of faults that may (or may not) be the result of the app. What does this mean - I am pretty much screwed! Anyway - I do think that people should consider this if they choose to use Litchi or any 3rd party app. As for me, I think I will still use Litchi but only when I want to fly a way point mission. If I am manually flying - then I do think the DJI Go app has most if not all of the functions of Litchi. Anyway - food for thought. Thanks!

Sorry I missed this one earlier.
Details are very sketchy without a good Phantomhelp log to follow but we can see a few points from teh CSV file and together with the description of the incident, we can join a few dots

A number of things that have been suggested are irrelevant distractions that had nothing to do with what happened.
This includes radio antennas
We can see that the Phantom recorded its home point when it powered up.
If the wind was 10 mph at surface level it wouldn't have been strong enough at 300 ft to cauase concerns and would not have caused what we can see in the data.
Your Phantom was not hacked and hijacked.
I lifted off from the top of a garage and the antena was on top. How much would that effect the drone?
I was on top of the garage. I had just lifted off. Went about 50-70 feet up and about 100 feet away from me when it took off.
As has been touched on by some already, taking off from a reinforced concrete structure has the potential to screw up your compass and cause a runaway effect like your case.
Dropping out of GPS and into atti mode son after takeoff is a good indication that it's a compass issue causing the trouble.
You should never calibrate close to a lot of steel or launch from an top of steel.
This post is a little complicated but it explains how it works: Looking for Trouble ??
There is a high probability that this is what happened here.

thanks for a useless waste of post and time.
YOU DO REALIZE this is a international forum and believe it or not folks from others nations also take care and take responsibility... little bit prejudiced a see.

This guy lost his drone - and it is possible it is a DJI fault --
the logs on his (OP) device can help determine that.
phantomhelp.com can show much detail of flight. only he can provide that it is also possible that a combination of pilot error and unsafe flying/takeoff area caused the issue.. and that makes your rant baseless even more so!

good luck and have fun flying!
He cut and pasted the same statement in a number of threads.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Sorry I missed this one earlier.
Details are very sketchy without a good Phantomhelp log to follow but we can see a few points from teh CSV file and together with the description of the incident, we can join a few dots

A number of things that have been suggested are irrelevant distractions that had nothing to do with what happened.
This includes radio antennas
We can see that the Phantom recorded its home point when it powered up.
If the wind was 10 mph at surface level it wouldn't have been strong enough at 300 ft to cauase concerns and would not have caused what we can see in the data.
Your Phantom was not hacked and hijacked.

As has been touched on by some already, taking off from a reinforced concrete structure has the potential to screw up your compass and cause a runaway effect like your case.
Dropping out of GPS and into atti mode son after takeoff is a good indication that it's a compass issue causing the trouble.
You should never calibrate close to a lot of steel or launch from an top of steel.
This post is a little complicated but it explains how it works: Looking for Trouble ??
There is a high probability that this is what happened here.
Great - thanks for the explanation! I really appreciate it! Where do most people calibrate? In my case, I was on top of a parking structure - so I could have/should have thought of the amount of steel holding up the garage. I ran my CSV Litchi file through Phantom Help - here are the results:
Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

It looks like it went through several instances of going from GPS to ATTI and back again. Thanks again!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl