Lost my drone you gotta see what happens

thanks for providing us with good entertainment and to show newbies that this is not what to do , ie... take off with a low battery, or this could/might happen?????

Last edited:
This everything you shouldn't do - all rolled into one. Always preflight check everything. The battery would have failed at this. Second, if you launch into a pre flight hover and check all controls, you would've noticed how unstable it was. This would have grounded most pilots, too. That had to be the worst location to launch I could imagine. The concrete is known to cause interference and the walls on both sides are too close, for me. The wire directly over the launch point would have also scrubbed the location, for me. I like room for error. Beyond all that, you should have landed at the first sign of trouble. The aircraft was keeling like a boat on the ocean, the whole time. You have to think about safety, when operating. This thing would seriously injure or kill somebody if it fell on them. What's even worse is that you never even stopped the motors, until your own safety was a concern. The blades could be heard scraping the pavement the whole time, possibly damaging the motors. When the guy tries to pick it up, you throttled up! Those blades can do considerable damage to a persons hand. You could have been on the hook for medical expenses, too. In the end, you didn't hurt anyone and probably totaled your aircraft. It may not have been a big deal this time, but please consider others before flying again.

Also, an illegal flight, the CAA could use the video to discover where you live!

Capture.PNG

C'mon guys.... He made one bad flight... Yes yes I know it was a bad wreckless flight, but go easy, we all done it once. All part of the learning curve [emoji4]

Well no actually, I've never taken off from the side of my house dodging telephone wires then flying over people's houses and the roads - nor have I ever decided I can just fly in for a closer look at a guy in a huge JCB without permission.

That wasn't just a beginner mistake, it was illegal braking numerous laws.

Well no actually, I've never taken off from the side of my house dodging telephone wires then flying over people's houses and the roads - nor have I ever decided I can just fly in for a closer look at a guy in a huge JCB without permission.

That wasn't just a beginner mistake, it was illegal braking numerous laws.

And I found the house where he took off from in less than 5 minutes, I've advised him to take it down before someone important finds him!

And I found the house where he took off from in less than 5 minutes, I've advised him to take it down before someone important finds him!

Why quote my reply though - I mean it's not like I was saying that's what I was going to do.

Why quote my reply though - I mean it's not like I was saying that's what I was going to do.

I quoted you because I was linking to your "breaking the law" statement, I never meant to imply that you would. I was merely trying to show how risky it was for the OP to post.

Reactions: BriG
I do see where he's is coming from tho. If he can find you then the law certainly can. Luckily for us Brits the law is quite relaxed if you compare it to America. Law only gets involved if it involves a plane near miss. Personally I don't think you have a lot to worry about [emoji4]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues