Lost Live Camera Feed

Reaction score
NO FPV feed from my Phantom Vision. Been flying flawlessly for over a year and last week lost the video feed from the camera to my IPad Mini and/or Samsung Galaxy S3 phone. All other camera functions and gimbal work well.

Tested all cables with a continuity meter and were OK. Re-installed camera firmware. Still no video.

Research is pointing to burned out video transmission in the camera's wifi module. Wifi module is not easily replaced in the Vision camera as compared to the remote wifi module in the Vision +.

Maybe someone can come up with a way to hack the vision camera to use the Vision + wifi module. Cost appears to be about $180 for the module.

I do not wish to dump much money into this older and discontinued machine.
icon-status-online.png

Hate to hear about your issue . You did check and make sure the cable in back of the camera was completely in and heard the click right ?
I don't think you will be able to use the Plus's Wifi in a vision .

Thanks dirkclod. I have plugged and unplugged that connector many times to make sure it is in all the way. I have opened my camera case and can see the wifi board but it is way down under the main board and not an easily replaced part. A new camera is $300-$500 which is about half of what the bird is worth I figure.

Thanks dirkclod. I have plugged and unplugged that connector many times to make sure it is in all the way. I have opened my camera case and can see the wifi board but it is way down under the main board and not an easily replaced part. A new camera is $300-$500 which is about half of what the bird is worth I figure.
Ya ..I had to go into mine today and replace the lens from a crash I had yesterday . It's hard to get around in one with big hands !!
That board if not mistaken is the bottom one and ya have to take each one out separately :eek:

Sorry bout your crash! Have you ever seen the wifi board sold as a replaceable part. It would be a hassel to take all the boards out but it may be my best solution.

Sorry bout your crash! Have you ever seen the wifi board sold as a replaceable part. It would be a hassel to take all the boards out but it may be my best solution.
Nope I haven't . I had to buy another Camera to get what I wanted . The only thing about getting just the board is being able to bind the camera to your extender . Maybe it's easy ..I don't know but would seem it would cause you an issue . I have seen several selling on E Bay with the issue you speak of . I do know if you buy another camera you better be sure it has the QR code or at least the SN from the bird it came off of so you can get it !! Been there !!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj