Lost everything

I'm only a noobie and bought 4 extra batteries on glea bay with a charger bank (charge 3 at a time).

All 4 batteries now part of a dispute and I've thrown the charger bank in the bin. Maybe this stuffed the batteries...?

I've bought 2 x new batteries from a shop front store and also bought the charger bank where you can select "charge or store." The charger bank I bought didnt have this feature. No more purchasing on gleabay for any P4P stuff...maybe a lanyard cord.

Had a fire in my garage this morning and everyone made it out safe. After all of it was over. And the damage was assessed , I lost all of my drones due to a charger that I was using to charge up a 60.00 drone. I lost a phantom 3 pro ,phantom 4 mavic pro spark yuneec typhoons two racing drones blade chroma and bebop 2 power all gone and a few toy drones
Really sorry for your loss:( hope insurance can do somthing for you.
It really makes me think about my own charging habits and whether I'm playing it safe.
Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the self-discharge function on the phantom 4 batterys. Is it safe? should we be using it? Personally I do use self-discharge as I don't know when I will next be flying.

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the self-discharge function on the phantom 4 batterys. Is it safe? should we be using it?
I've never seen anyone report that the self-discharge feature caused a battery fire. And since there is no way to disable that feature, every Phantom owner is using it.

Reactions: flockshot
Cwill: We’ve had a house fire in the past. At least you’re safe. Possessions can usually be replaced. And you’ll learn.

As a general point, with the benefit of retrospect, I think every household should get a small fire extinguisher - which costs very little - and keep it in a corner just outside of the kitchen door. And above the kitchen door, a fire blanket. Be prepared. Smoke is a killer, as the fire experts constantly warn, as a situation can rapidly get out of hand.

Wow. Sorry for your loss. The important thing is that you and your family is safe. I have over 3 dozen lipos of various sizes and I store most of them in my shed out back. The ones I use on a regular basis are stored in my hobby room in the house [in ammo boxes] and never, never leave the house with them charging - ever. I hope your insurance covers your loss.

As with the others, sorry to hear such a thing. I too am guilty of walking away from my charging battery/ batteries.. and completely neglect the LiPo bag I have for one of them. This has me ordering another LiPo bag and using it!
I’m happy no one was injured during this and hoping you get your fleet back soon. Best wishes to you and your family!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak