Lost connection

Reaction score
The drone would not respond to any stick inputs . I finally just selected return to home. I’m posting records so someone can advise what lead to apparent disconnection?

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord-2020-01-17-[15-21-34].txt
    3.8 MB · Views: 129
Reactions: David_Cambridge
Welcome to the Forum!

You got your bird back!

You didn't loose connection, you lost control.

I uploaded your log here.
DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

Here is your flight.
Look at 13m 46s
Should be your answer.

You should have had a status on your tablet and you should be able to replay play your flight in DJI-Go.

Rod

Reactions: JoBe
It was set to orbit poi at 13:46... it orbited fine. I don’t see loss of control?? I see later many 0 seconds of movement... right before I hit rth stick inputs did nothing to drone.??

It was set to orbit poi at 13:46... it orbited fine. I don’t see loss of control?? I see later many 0 seconds of movement... right before I hit rth stick inputs did nothing to drone.??
I guess I'm wrong, I thought you didn't know you put it in Orbit.
Now I get the idea of what Orbit mode does.
So it wouldn't respond to switching out of Orbit mode?

@sar104, @Oso.
Anything you guys see?

Rod

After poi I was over the house and all inputs stopped working.. it just sat there.. no up,dn left or right. I figured it disconnected and might reconnect, in past even when disconnected I still could fly it with controls.... this time not... I finally hit rth and it did.. I don’t see any loss of gps. Air data not showing and sensor issues of signal errors.

Yeah, I see at:
22m 3.6s
Is when control movements stopped.

Rod

Last edited:
So why? God signal is good throughout flight? I have unsubstantiated guesses?
cokd temps 33f caused a failure in connectivity somewhere in the drone. Dji board soldering isn’t very good...cold weather may have caused a break ? I did have a cleared fault earlier in day stating gimbal failure ... if doesn’t cleR on restart contact Dji as gimbal board or connecting Ribbon has failed. It cleared after warming up the drone and battery

After poi I was over the house and all inputs stopped working.. it just sat there.. no up,dn left or right.
According to the data, the aircraft was responding correctly to ALL of your inputs after the POI and during. I see nothing that indicates an issue whatsoever.

1579713298582.png

Reactions: Oso
Better to think again what you were doing as the done works as it should. No issue as Fly Dawg said.
But I would like to comment the location you were flying.
Over all those houses and people it is completely your responsibility if the drone for whatever reason hit somebody or somebodys house and it is illegal as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.