Loss of Power in Front Two Engines

Reaction score
Hi all,

First time poster looking for help on this! First let me describe the problem. I own a DJI Phantom 2 for about a year and I love flying it. This Christmas I did two things, I took the Phantom apart to paint it and to install a Fatshark Predator V2 FPV system on it.

I painted the body and installed the FPV system and re assembled my Phantom. It powers on correctly and the Predator Mod works perfectly. However when I power up the engines the following happens:

- All 4 spin correctly
- However the front two engines (the ones on the end of the stalks with stripes on them) do not produce enough power to produce lift. There seems to be no speed when I try to power them up on my controller.

I have tried changing props but this has not worked. Can any one suggest a fix? DJI have refused to help me as I have voided the warranty.

Many thanks,

A Grounded DJI Flyer

Hi all,

First time poster looking for help on this! First let me describe the problem. I own a DJI Phantom 2 for about a year and I love flying it. This Christmas I did two things, I took the Phantom apart to paint it and to install a Fatshark Predator V2 FPV system on it.

I painted the body and installed the FPV system and re assembled my Phantom. It powers on correctly and the Predator Mod works perfectly. However when I power up the engines the following happens:

- All 4 spin correctly
- However the front two engines (the ones on the end of the stalks with stripes on them) do not produce enough power to produce lift. There seems to be no speed when I try to power them up on my controller.

I have tried changing props but this has not worked. Can any one suggest a fix? DJI have refused to help me as I have voided the warranty.

Many thanks,

A Grounded DJI Flyer

Open the shell and check the small connectors from ESC boards are fully seated on those two motors. If you were using prop guards and didn't reinstall them that you didn't install the longer allen screws in those motors.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20