Losing FPV @ 600-700 feet

Not having opened one up, I assumed, reasonably, that power FETs or similar would be bolted to heatsinks mounted to the case, in which case (no pun intended) cooling the case would be beneficial. Even if not mounted that way, cooling the case would still draw heat away from the unit by convection.
Looking at your picture it seems the chip is in fact using the case as a heatsink if that's heatsink compound on the case.
SMC warp ?? Never seen or heard of that ! Seen 'em explode, heat craze the pcb and make tracks & pads all but useless but never warp.
Do you have a solution to address what appears to be design deficiencies ?

morph000 said:
Not having opened one up, I assumed, reasonably, that power FETs or similar would be bolted to heatsinks mounted to the case, in which case (no pun intended) cooling the case would be beneficial. Even if not mounted that way, cooling the case would still draw heat away from the unit by convection.
Looking at your picture it seems the chip is in fact using the case as a heatsink if that's heatsink compound on the case.
SMC warp ?? Never seen or heard of that ! Seen 'em explode, heat craze the pcb and make tracks & pads all but useless but never warp.
Do you have a solution to address what appears to be design deficiencies ?

Only one chip in all the wifi modules I have opened has had adequate thermal paste. Once they get hot you start losing range. Convection is inefficient not to mention that you have to add more complexity to the drone. More thermal paste and some shims is easy.

Here is the solution in the first post, I am not very good with tutorials but between the pictures and info its pretty easy.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28176

Probably as long as you are Los. I have lost connection at 400 because of trees!
Question...i flew my P3S yesterday up about 200ft and i wanted to see how far away i could go (have not tested distance yet). I was surprised that my app showed RC signal weak at only 700ft. I have 100ft pine trees all around me, so my first guess is that. If i flew a bit higher to gain better LOS, do you think i would get more distance? Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers