Losing control of P3S in high winds

Reaction score
I tried to fly the P3S to get a footage of the amazing sunrise, but it was so windy. I gambled and I lost control. The wind probably has around 60-80 kph velocity. It was my first time to fly it on such instance, however I could not resist the temptation. I lost control several times. The P3S barely responds for seconds and then gets lost control again.. It was scary. I finally posted the video last night.

You were lucky to be able to overcome the head wind on your return, especially considering you were over water.

That wind strength is a definite no-no !!

A tip if you are reasonably close and have to fight wind back ... if you have alititude ..... make your trajectory have a slope down towards landing spot .. this then adds gravity to the power flight equation ... talk to any glider pilot ... RC or Real.

Nigel

Reactions: vergecraft
Is the audio from your phone/tablet?

Could you tell us how strong the winds were? What was the wind speed?

Excuse me, but was that a AIRPORT right behind you! Yes that long strip of grass with several airplanes parked along it. Somebody look at this video and tell me, am I going crazy, or was this on the approach end of a grass strip. I’m looking up the local FAA number now but before I call would somebody give me a second opinion THX.

Excuse me, .....

This member is from Japan. Remember we are an INTERNATIONAL community so we need to be mindful that not everyone has to deal with the FAA.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Yes thank you I realize that, but this forum I think is to promote safety and the actions of this individual do anything but that. I believe it is the JCAB thank you.

Reactions: vergecraft

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20