Lose Video Feed after 20m

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I'm new to this so please be patient.
Every time I fly my Phantom 3 4K I lose the video connection from my IPhone 6 after about 20m. I can still control the Drone but can't see anything on my IPhone. Does anyone have any suggestions.
Thx Johnny

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hi Johnny71,
Check the antenna cables inside your remote control if it is in place otherwise send the bird for service.

Hi, new to drones and with this site, but I'm good a researching problems to find solutions. Unfortunately, after hours of trawling the web, I can't find one for the loss of video feed on my brand new PS3. There seems to be a lot of unhappy bunnys out there who have bemoaned the loss of distance and video feeds due to the lastest update. So, I tried downgrading to 1.07 (I think) but that just caused the barometer to malfunction. I have checked and I am now back on the latest update.

I've done IMU, gimbal and compass recal and the bird flies beautifully and records no problem, but after 2 - 3 minutes of filming, the phone's screen freezes and i lose the live feed. The bird is only 30 - 40 meters away from me in the middle of a field and within clear line of sight - no obstructions.

I'm very annoyed as this renders the bird virtually useless - flying blind. I contacted DJI Help and they basically said 'tough', buy a phone from thier list of supported devices and that 'should' work. I have a Motorola 2nd Gen 4G LTE, I have a 'windsurfer' signal booster attached to the antenna, which is always correctly positioned.

Has anyone encountered similar problems and if so, have you solved it? I'm surprised that a problem that seems so common and so crippling to the enjoyement and proper functioning of the bird has not yet been resolved.

Reactions: Cui Bono?
Many thanks for your swift reply. The list of things to do to maximise the phone for video streaming was a great help, I'd done half the things already, but turning off animation and other little things should help. Can't wait to try it out, but we've got some lousy weather in the UK at the moment. Will post results after I get the bird airborne.

If you don’t register and log into DJI, you will be limited in video range and flight height/distance. This is a limitation built into the newest update. Also, you will need to check your settings to make sure you can fly high and far. When I checked mine, I had to adjust the ceiling, distance and RTH settings.

Hi BD, thanks for you advice. Yep, I've registered and done everything straight by the book. I've adjusted and checked all settings and am not in Beginner Mode. The bird flies far and wide, but I lose video feed after a minute or so, even when it is in close proximity. the only way to fix it is to bring the bird down, log out of the DJI GO app and log back in, but the same thing happens all over again. So frustrating.

Still waiting for the endless wind and rain to stop to try out the settings suggested by msinger.

Wow! That sounds like 2.4g antenna failure. I have had my controller cover off a few times; I don’t know if you feel comfortable doing that, but since it’s the rainy season anyway, I might open it up and make sure there’s not a bad connector or broken wire on the panels inside the controller. But that’s just me, lol.

Reactions: dclifton
Thanks for the info. As you say, got nothing else to do whilst it's raning, i'll check it out.
Be very careful. Opening the radio could void your warranty. If you find something loose, don't try to fix it. Send it in.

Any chance you know someone with P3 4K? You could also try temporarily pairing with your AC.

Lastly, and sorry if you've already tried this, disable video caching on your phone.

Hi, new to drones and with this site, but I'm good a researching problems to find solutions. Unfortunately, after hours of trawling the web, I can't find one for the loss of video feed on my brand new PS3. There seems to be a lot of unhappy bunnys out there who have bemoaned the loss of distance and video feeds due to the lastest update. So, I tried downgrading to 1.07 (I think) but that just caused the barometer to malfunction. I have checked and I am now back on the latest update.

I've done IMU, gimbal and compass recal and the bird flies beautifully and records no problem, but after 2 - 3 minutes of filming, the phone's screen freezes and i lose the live feed. The bird is only 30 - 40 meters away from me in the middle of a field and within clear line of sight - no obstructions.

I'm very annoyed as this renders the bird virtually useless - flying blind. I contacted DJI Help and they basically said 'tough', buy a phone from thier list of supported devices and that 'should' work. I have a Motorola 2nd Gen 4G LTE, I have a 'windsurfer' signal booster attached to the antenna, which is always correctly positioned.

Has anyone encountered similar problems and if so, have you solved it? I'm surprised that a problem that seems so common and so crippling to the enjoyement and proper functioning of the bird has not yet been resolved.
You Pointed out The Problem at the Very Start .... The Problem You are Having is Because The Phone You are TRYING TO USE .... IS TO WEAK TO USE .... The LTE mean Light .... as in Light in Power, Memory, Possessor Speed .... The Minimum for a Samsung was a 5S .... I tried a Straight Talk....Samsung Model ...Just Under a 5S .... Wouldn't Run The Software....
A Lot of Programs have to be running at the same time to Do the Streaming Video Feed.... UP GRADE YOUR PHONE.... Or Tablet.... To a SUPPORTED ONE ....
Sorry... Just the Facts... Get a Used Phone... ONLY FOR THE DRONE ....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31