loosing signal

Reaction score
hey all
today out flying before a storm so yes kinda cloudy. i went 2600ft and my screen would go from full bars RC and image transmission then they would drop to two bars.
i tryed messing with the antennas but didnt change.
im using channel auto. would selecting custom help with not losing video?
when select custom do i have to pick a channel? or will it do it for me?

any tips? antenna angle? set up?

ipad mini 2 LTE everything is updated

I get the best range when the antennas are pointed straight up with the long side pointing directly at my Phantom. Also, I keep the antennas parallel (the same distance between the top and bottom).

I believe the P3 operates at 2.4 GHZ. 2.4 GHZ is a common frequency that cordless phones and other people Wi-Fi operate on. Most of the routers out there are 2.4 GHZ and that could cause you to lose FPV or control. So if there a lot of houses or businesses around where you fly or if you send the bird to where there are those factors, you can suddenly lose FPV or control. It wont go off and do its own thing, but the connection will drop. Keep antennas straight up and the best trick to overcome loss is to fly it higher. You can try the antenna mods from FPVLR.com with the Wi-Fi amps. I live in Brooklyn and the antenna mod has worked out great for me because as most people know, NYC is congested. I have doubled my range when standing street level and tripled my range when standing on my roof.

hey all
today out flying before a storm so yes kinda cloudy. i went 2600ft and my screen would go from full bars RC and image transmission then they would drop to two bars.
i tryed messing with the antennas but didnt change.
im using channel auto. would selecting custom help with not losing video?
when select custom do i have to pick a channel? or will it do it for me?

any tips? antenna angle? set up?

ipad mini 2 LTE everything is updated
If you raise the controller to head level, do you regain signal strength?

how much is the antenna mod? looks gawdy, does it make it difficult to hold?
Not that hard to hold but its well worth it. I felt the same way as it being gawdy but I didnt care once I started using it cause its that good!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20