Looking to pick up a Phantom 2, just not sure which. Help!

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new here. I'm looking at getting a Phantom 2 with the updated motors and such, I'm just not sure if I should get the Vision Plus or not. I already have a GoPro Hero 3.

Few questions:
1) I see the Version 3 of the Vision Plus is $1369 with a second battery, best deal I can find online is DDM Racing. Seems like DJI has strict MAP pricing online. Is there any chance dealers online will drop the price or include extras on Black Friday or Cyber Monday or am I ok to buy now? This is my hold up from buying right now.

2) Like I said, I have a GoPro Hero 3. My understanding is the GoPro takes better video then the Vision Plus camera? I was looking at the "DJI Phantom 2 RTF Quadcopter w/ Zenmuse H3-3D 3-Axis Gimbal for GoPro (New Version 1.1 w/ Lightbridge Support)". What would I need to buy in addition to this to get FPV with the Hero 3? Will this setup be a lot more than getting the Vision Plus? Does this model also have the updated motors, remote control, etc. like the Version 3 Vision Plus?

Sorry for the noob questions.

EDIT: 3) I have an iPhone 6 Plus. Will this work with the phone holder on the controller? If not, what do I need to buy so it fits?

Re: Looking to pick up a Phantom 2, just not sure which. Hel

1) Probably. If you can handle waiting a week more, lol.

2) Monitor, Video Tx, Mini iOSD, cables runs around $300-400 more or less depending on which you choose. So yeah it is "kind of" more than getting the visions which is intended to be a ready to fly all in one solution, but you're stuck with that forever. I chose the non-vision because I felt that I can always change stuff around and the parts would probably be cheaper ($300 gimbal and/or $300 camera vs $600 vision camera replacement). Plus the non-vision theoretically has more range out of the box so I feel that I wouldn't have to worry about losing contact unless I'm pushing it real far.

Welcome, what ever you decide fly without camera and gimbal and get comfortable with the bird first. Then strap on the expensive items and have fun.

Your phone will work also...

Kman said:
Seems like DJI has strict MAP pricing online. Is there any chance dealers online will drop the price or include extras on Black Friday or Cyber Monday or am I ok to buy now? This is my hold up from buying right now.
A manufacturer can't force a retailer to sell a item for suggested OR MAP. This is merely a suggested price and it is illegal for a manufacturer to try and force a retailer to sell said merchandise at a "fixed" price. The retailer is free to sell the item at whatever price they want, even less than they paid for it.

The retailer simply can't advertise the item at a price lower than the manufacturer allows (Hence the term Minimum Advertised price) without incurring penalties from the manufacturer. This is why, for example, all of B&H Photo catalogs say "Call" where the price would be shown.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1