looking for pilots near me Webster, N.Y

Reaction score
Hello all . New to forum and drone flying . Recently bought a DJ1 Phantom 4 pro and was looking for any pilots in Rochester, N.Y or surrounding areas as I live in Webster , N.Y . also any clubs or classes for theFAA part 107 test that I hope to acquire soon . Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: greek286
Couple of thoughts. Seems there should be a P4P pilot around RPI but no clue how you'd find them. Another route would be to get onto the FAA site of those holding commercial registrations for the P4P in the Rochester area...you may have to do the search manually, don't recall if you can do it by zip code or city..that that might be fruitful.

Good luck.

A

Welcome to the forum. I actually grew up in Webster. I still have some family in Irondequoit but haven't lived there myself in a long time. You will have lots of great places to fly nearby.

I'm a couple hours east of you, near Utica, NY

But I do a lot of work in Rochester and Buffalo area.

DJI Phanton 4 and DJI Phantom 4 Pro
sUAS Commercial Operator with FAA Part 107

Hey.. I'm just down the road in Fairport. Moved here from Syracuse a year ago. P4 owner. Just a hobbyist myself, no interest in 107.

I flew yesterday at Canal Days.

Attachments

• FairportHiRESv1.jpg
    FairportHiRESv1.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 430
Last edited:
Lots of CNY pilots on here--anyone interested in a meetup? I am located near Syracuse. There is a DIY drone meetup that meets in Syracuse occasionally, but not a Phantom related one. Would those who chimed in above be interested if I set something up? When I was recently in San Antonio for travel there was a great group who met regularly, and I think it'd be awesome to start something like that around here, to have fun, compare notes, etc.

Reactions: greek286
Lots of CNY pilots on here--anyone interested in a meetup? I am located near Syracuse. There is a DIY drone meetup that meets in Syracuse occasionally, but not a Phantom related one. Would those who chimed in above be interested if I set something up? When I was recently in San Antonio for travel there was a great group who met regularly, and I think it'd be awesome to start something like that around here, to have fun, compare notes, etc.
yea i would be interested

Hi all, Couple quick notes for area pilots:
1. The New York State Fair is holding its first annual drone film festival this year:
NYS Fair Drone Film Festival
I met with the director the other day, and they really want to have a good showing the first year. They have a range of categories, and a "NY State Fair Medal Winner" might be a feather in the cap of local pilots, whether professional videographers or not...

2. As for a meetup, those who might be interested, can anyone chime in on what sorts of days/times would work? Weekend mornings? Evenings? Etc.?

Thanks!

To Central New York pilots, I have been contacted by the folks with the P-TECH program at OHM BOCES in New Hartford asking for volunteers for a summer program they are running. The P-TECH program is a STEM-oriented and experiential learning curriculum that guides at-risk high school students towards high-tech careers.
As part of their summer programming, they are doing a “design challenge” in which the students will assembly and fly drones through an obstacle course. The faculty are looking for some people that would be interested in giving informal feedback to the students while they work on this challenge, or to act as a judge during student presentations. These activities would run from August 7-11, however the time commitment from professionals would be as much or as little as possible or desired. If anyone would be interested in participating, I can provide you more information and get you in contact with one of the faculty members there to discuss what your involvement would actually entail.
Thanks!

Hello all . New to forum and drone flying . Recently bought a DJ1 Phantom 4 pro and was looking for any pilots in Rochester, N.Y or surrounding areas as I live in Webster , N.Y . also any clubs or classes for theFAA part 107 test that I hope to acquire soon . Any info would be greatly appreciated.
I live in chili ny I have3 drones

I live in Hamlin NY but was wondering if theres any good places to fly around here because im never sure if someone is going to yell at me for flying in a park

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20