Looking for "Official" videos/info on IMU cali, gains, etc

Reaction score
I'm looking for "official" or otherwise trustworthy info/videos specifically on IMU calibration and gains in the software. I've read enough to think I understand that higher gain numbers make the Phantom hold it's position better (but I don't know what the down side to that would be)

I've seen videos that say "the IMU numbers look good" - ok, compared to what? What should they be? How do you know if you need to do the calibration, etc?

I've even seen videos that show different ways to do the compass calibration - some show holding the Phantom in one place and rotating, while others show holding it at arms length and rotating your entire body. It's so easy to create/post a YouTube video it's pretty hard to tell which ones are accurate, you know what I mean? I'm sure most, if not all of them, certainly mean well, but there could still be bad info there.

I have done one compass calibration, just holding it still and rotating it on it's own axis - and I haven't touched the gains or done an IMU calibration.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl