Looking for help for disabled brother

Reaction score
Hi,
New to the forum, but I have logged a number of hours with my drone. Currently, it is a Phantom 4, and I use an IPad for display. I do not know if this is possible, but I would really like to control my drone the way I normally do with my Ipad as the screen and, at the same time, allow my brother to wear goggles of some kind to see exactly what the drone is doing. In other words, have us both be able to see everything the Ipad is displaying to me, but also into the goggles he is using. I think it would really enhance the fun we already have droning together, but he really only gets to see what I see at the time we view the captured video. It would really make him feel like part of the team real time. Is something like this possible? My funds are somewhat limited, but if it is doable within financial reason, I will find a way to get it done. Thanks, in advance.

Reactions: Robert P
Hello and WELCOME to the forum!

KUDOS to you for wanting to share with your brother. That's HUGE! I'm not familiar with the P4 Transmitter/Radio/Controller so take this with a grain of salt.

With the P3Pro series we installed an HDMI module in the controller which allowed for simultaneous video output to the original monitor device (iPad for me) as well as an HDMI cable connected to another device (goggles). It works GREAT.

Also a more expensive option the CrystalSky has an HDMI output to view on Goggles or a full size monitor.

Hello and WELCOME to the forum!

KUDOS to you for wanting to share with your brother. That's HUGE! I'm not familiar with the P4 Transmitter/Radio/Controller so take this with a grain of salt.

With the P3Pro series we installed an HDMI module in the controller which allowed for simultaneous video output to the original monitor device (iPad for me) as well as an HDMI cable connected to another device (goggles). It works GREAT.

Thanks for the reply. That kind of setup sounds like it may be something I could do. Can you provide any more info relative to what kind of module it is? Not sure what to look for, and is it something that resides inside the controller or is it an external type device? Also, are they a special type of goggles I would need, or just a set that can take a direct feed from an HDMI cable? The goggles I play with now is the type that you place your iphone inside of them and watch from there. Thanks.

Also a more expensive option the CrystalSky has an HDMI output to view on Goggles or a full size monitor.

Thanks for the suggestion, but because of his disability, goggles would be much easier for him to use than to try and hold a monitor or pad. Appreciate the response though.

The HDMI module can be purchased on AMAZON HERE Just about any goggle that has HDMI input will work. Of course there is always the DJI GOGGLES.

Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks for the suggestion, but because of his disability, goggles would be much easier for him to use than to try and hold a monitor or pad. Appreciate the response though.

The CrystalSky that he mentioned would replace the iPad and allow HDMI output without modifying your Transmitter. You'd still need the goggles for him.

Oh, I get it. I will look into this. Thanks.

The CrystalSky that he mentioned would replace the iPad and allow HDMI output without modifying your Transmitter. You'd still need the goggles for him.

Oh, I get it. I will look into this. Thanks.
Do not buy the Crystal Sky ultra-high brightness too much trouble with it get just the high brightness

I can't help with your question, but I wanted to take a second and say how very cool it is to want to share with him. Mighty fine brother!

Hi - that sounds like a fantastic idea. Not sure, but doesn’t the P4 have an HDMI output on the back? If so all you would need is cable and goggles. If not the search for a P4 RC HDMI module, check YouTube for how to install and your good to go. All the best.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic