Looking for a Sample Section 333 request

Reaction score
HI,

Would someone be kind enough to send me an example 333? I have browsed through the FAA website for some but they are kind of confusing. I am a photographer who wishes to do real estate photography and videography as well as sell artistic prints and even provide home owners with high quality aerial shots of their home. What should I tell the FAA?

Reactions: T Dunkin
Find some that is similar with one you want to do and save them. Find the easiest one that you can understand and replace with your name/company name. I can do all of this for you for $100. I take PayPal and Square. :D

Dan, if you go www.regulations.gov
And search for 333 exemptions, there are numerous ones. Just pick the one you like & change all the info to suit you. I had contacted the guy that I liked his and asked him if he would mind me using it? He was thrilled & said he got it from someone else. Good luck

Reactions: JBG
Are there some that are apt to be denied? That's what I am worried about.

I started on the ones that were approved on the FAA site and then I found their starting one on the regulations.gov site. To me that means it should be approved...

I started on the ones that were approved on the FAA site and then I found their starting one on the regulations.gov site. To me that means it should be approved...
The one I used was approved for the other guy & myself.

HI,

Would someone be kind enough to send me an example 333? I have browsed through the FAA website for some but they are kind of confusing. I am a photographer who wishes to do real estate photography and videography as well as sell artistic prints and even provide home owners with high quality aerial shots of their home. What should I tell the FAA?

Dan, are you already a pilot? Currently, from reading all the material, the only way you will get an exception about flying professionally, is that you have to have a real aircraft pilot's license. Me? I want to do the same thing you refer to but the only way I think I can do it is when they finally pass the new regulations that allow drone photographers to take a test to become an "operator".

Pilots of a small UAS would be considered "operators". Operator Certification and Responsibilities  Operators would be required to: o Pass an initial aeronautical knowledge test at an FAA-approved knowledge testing center. o Be vetted by the Transportation Security Administration.

From the FAA 333 exception FAQ at Section 333 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

What are the main requirements needed for me to operate an unmanned aircraft or drone for my business?
A. You will need:

1. a Section 333 grant of exemption,
  2. a Certificate of Waiver or Authorization (COA),
  3. an aircraft registered with the FAA, and
  4. a pilot with an FAA airman certificate

Do I need a pilot's license to petition for exemption under Section 333?
A. By law, the FAA cannot authorize an aircraft operation in the National Airspace without a certificated pilot in command of the aircraft (Title 49 of United States Code § 44711). Exemptions granted in accordance with Section 333 carry the following requirement regarding the pilot in command (PIC) of the aircraft:

Under this grant of exemption, a PIC must hold either an airline transport, commercial, private, recreational, or sport pilot certificate. The PIC must also hold a current FAA airman medical certificate or a valid U.S. driver's license issued by a state, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, a territory, a possession, or the Federal government. The PIC must also meet the flight review requirements specified in 14 CFR § 61.56 in an aircraft in which the PIC is rated on his or her pilot certificate.

More information about obtaining
pilot certification is available at:
http://www.faa.gov/pilots/.​

Dan, are you already a pilot? Currently, from reading all the material, the only way you will get an exception about flying professionally, is that you have to have a real aircraft pilot's license. Me? I want to do the same thing you refer to but the only way I think I can do it is when they finally pass the new regulations that allow drone photographers to take a test to become an "operator".

Pilots of a small UAS would be considered "operators". Operator Certification and Responsibilities  Operators would be required to: o Pass an initial aeronautical knowledge test at an FAA-approved knowledge testing center. o Be vetted by the Transportation Security Administration.

From the FAA 333 exception FAQ at Section 333 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

What are the main requirements needed for me to operate an unmanned aircraft or drone for my business?
A. You will need:

1. a Section 333 grant of exemption,
  2. a Certificate of Waiver or Authorization (COA),
  3. an aircraft registered with the FAA, and
  4. a pilot with an FAA airman certificate

Do I need a pilot's license to petition for exemption under Section 333?
A. By law, the FAA cannot authorize an aircraft operation in the National Airspace without a certificated pilot in command of the aircraft (Title 49 of United States Code § 44711). Exemptions granted in accordance with Section 333 carry the following requirement regarding the pilot in command (PIC) of the aircraft:

Under this grant of exemption, a PIC must hold either an airline transport, commercial, private, recreational, or sport pilot certificate. The PIC must also hold a current FAA airman medical certificate or a valid U.S. driver's license issued by a state, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, a territory, a possession, or the Federal government. The PIC must also meet the flight review requirements specified in 14 CFR § 61.56 in an aircraft in which the PIC is rated on his or her pilot certificate.

More information about obtaining
pilot certification is available at:
http://www.faa.gov/pilots/.​

You don't need to be a pilot to get the 333 exemption but in the conditions they send you one will be that you need someone with a pilots license to be the PIC. You can find many applications that do not mention a specific Pilot. It may not help you actually start doing commercial operations if you are not a pilot, but you can get the 333...

TheRealNick,
If that means "your business" can have the 333 as long as you have a licensed pilot doing the actual flying?
Then that rules me out since I don't have the pilot's license...
If that means you must operate under the supervision of a pilot and his license? Then I don't see many advantages to a pilot supervising me if he is not there to protect his license. I have read some of the 333 exemptions and they seem really tough.
I don't see anything in what I have read that would allow me or the OP above to start charging for photography without the license.
I really hope the new regs will come out and then I could take the basic test so as to do it then.
Please correct me if you know different. It would be to my advantage if you know someway a pilot's license would be not required.
Thanks,
Smitty

Dan, if you go www.regulations.gov
And search for 333 exemptions, there are numerous ones. Just pick the one you like & change all the info to suit you. I had contacted the guy that I liked his and asked him if he would mind me using it? He was thrilled & said he got it from someone else. Good luck

I've been trying to find one similar to what I want to do, but all of them seem very complicated. Larry, would you be willing to share the one you found?

I would love to have one as well. Would love to do some real estate work using my Phantom 3 Pro.

In response to a question above...

Yes you can get the Section 333 Exemption granted w/o a pilot certification. But in order to fly under that 333 Exemption an FAA Certified Pilot (Sport Pilot on up) has to be PIC which means the PILOT has to be on the controls. For instance my company could be granted a 333 Exemption but a Certified Pilot must be flying the aircraft.

I've been trying to find one similar to what I want to do, but all of them seem very complicated. Larry, would you be willing to share the one you found?
Just saw your request, if you need it, I am happy to give it to you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.