Looking for a good P4 repair facility in the USA.

Reaction score
06ba3c4c4ab92267989dc36992745e31.jpg

At first - after losing a game of chicken with an oak tree - I thought my Phantom 4 was hopelessly broken, but after a few days of mourning I turned it on and I see that all 4 motors still turn, even the one on the broken arm. The camera still works, and the gimbal seems to work ok. So maybe it's just the airframe that is broken.

Any suggestions on where to go from here? I've never worked on RC's before, but am not afraid to try. But if this is best handled by a repair facility, does anyone have a suggestion for where to go in the USA? Or is it best to ship it to DJI? I do not have DJI Care on this bird. Also, I want to be able to refuse the service and just scrap it if the price is too high. I just ordered a P4P to replace it, so this would become my backup aircraft if it can be fixed with the paltry budget I have left.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Buy the obvious parts and go for it. See how far you get before you throw in the towel. At that point come back here and ferret out the drone repair guys who can take it to completion. I'll wager you will succeed.

Keith, Ive always repaired everything no matter what was involved but when I was replacing my P4 Landing Gear after a tree strike I wound up with a disconnected Compass and 4 loose unmarked wires going into the main body without a wiring diagram I decided to send it in. I researched all repair facilities and settled on sending it to Dronefly in CA. They weren't the cheapest but after talking with them I felt confident using them. They have a fixed price of $149 including return shipping plus parts. You definitely need a new complete frame which you can find for less than $75. I'd estimate that that it would cost you around $250 total!. Their phone number is (805) 480-4033. The technician that repaired my P4 was Chris Wells and my P4 was returned like new without a scratch. I highly recommend them!! Good luck!

Sent from my VS995 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Zoiboyz
You can find some repair shops here.

Great advice! Not sure yet what I'll do, but this gives me the info I need. Hopefully I'll be able to "pay it forward" some day.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair