Looking for a drone,around 2km(1.25mi) range. Any suggestions,advice,recommendations?

Follow-me is pretty old-tech in the world of drones.
These days for drones with enough on-board processing power, it's been replaced by Active Track.
Google DJI active track to see some demos
And the return to home feature is very reliable.
Will do that. Wish I could help you somehow,so I could return the favour. Do you mind me messaging you in case I have a question about the Active track?

It's not that you 'lose control', once you start follow me mode you are no longer in direct control of the drone until you cancel it by switching it out of F mode and back into P mode (or A). By then, if something doesn't go right, it may already have a mind of its own.

I'll have to catch you later... do your research, get some experience manually flying your drone before you start using autonomous modes, read the manual several times, and be careful out there
Will do that. Safety first,thanks again

Reactions: umanbean
I own a P4 and had a Falcon antenna booster installed on it. I've have gone over 5 miles with this booster.
There's also an antenna made by FPVLR.com

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 177
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 182
Last edited:
1.15 miles is well beyond legal VLOS ( visual line-of-sight)... in most First World countries you'll be flying illegally if you go that far out

Phantom 3, Phantom 4, all flavors of Mavics, will go that far

Please be careful with Follow Me, IMO that is a very quick and easy way to lose your drone
It was good to here a responsible post to advise this member of the rules.

Last edited:
Was not aware od that inf,thanks. However I live on a small island with literally no authorities. I dont fly too far vertically cause of planes and heli's,but I feel comfortable flying a bit over the limit(not too much) horizontally since I always fly in remote areas with 0 people near.
Can you elaborate on the follow me mode part?
Be careful the FAA may put you on their watch list, It would not surprise me that they monitor this forum.
Have you ever hear of Edward Snowden.

Last edited:
Be careful the FAA my put you on their watch list, It would not surprise me that they monitor this forum.
Have you ever hear of Edward Snowden.
Had a good laugh reading this :) My Phantom goes 400m horizontally at best. But I do see what you are saying,thank you for the heads up

Had a good laugh reading this :) My Phantom goes 400m horizontally at best. But I do see what you are saying,thank you for the heads up
Which phantom do have? Judging from the title of this thread, I thought you were still 'shopping' for the right one.

Nice! Make sure to read the rules and regulations before flying. P4 or P4 pro? How is your live feed during flight,is the image still stable after a mile or so? How far did it go before you got the antenna booster?

How is your live feed during flight,is the image still stable after a mile or so? How far did it go before you got the antenna booster?
Lightbridge used on the P4 series gives much better image than old-tech wifi which gets worse when you get further from the controller.
The live view with Lightbridge is perfectly stable out almost as far as the signal will reach without paying for additional boosters.

Lightbridge used on the P4 series gives much better image than old-tech wifi which gets worse when you get further from the controller.
The live view with Lightbridge is perfectly stable out almost as far as the signal will reach without paying for additional boosters.
Good to know,thank you!

Litchi has another app called "Magic Leash" that you can run on another device like a phone in your pocket. When set up to use magic leash, it will follow that device wherever it goes. TBH, I've never used ML, but Litchi is an awesome app!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj