Looking for a cheap octorotor frame

Reaction score
So. I bought a water damaged Phantom cheap for parts and it looks like I can recover the GPS, compass, and all four motors + ESC's. NAZA is toast and the body is ugly. Since my operational Phantom is starting to show it's age (several cracks held together with 2 part epoxy, I think I'm going to try to transfer everything over to an octorotor frame adding the four spare motors to improve carrying capacity for more battery. I was thinking I would keep the Naza configured as a quad and just attach motors in pairs beside each other on the same PWM and rotating the same direction. However, I am stunned at the price of the frames. There are some asking >$1K just for the frame. Makes the Tarot Ironman sound cheap at $435. I am not a pro - this is just a hobby for me so $400 is 2X what I was hoping to spend. Also, the Ironman seems a little overkill for these motors (easily fits a motor twice the size). Since the point was to upgrade to a high-capacity phantom without spending a lot of money I thought I'd solicit suggestions here. Not interested in a flame wheel just because my buddy got one to one-up me so I have to one-up that (and now you can start to see my real motivation :)).

Not interested in a flame wheel just because my buddy got one to one-up me so I have to one-up that (and now you can start to see my real motivation :)).

I love that. :lol:

You can configure your Naza M for 8 motors by using F1-F2 ports.

I don't have any info for you on octo frames, but I like your motivation. ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj