Look at this Crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the biggest danger to a drone shooting wise is from s 12 bore which can be legally shot into the air - sorry officer I was taking a shot at a pigeon when all of a sudden a drone flew into shot just as I pulled the trigger[emoji1]

The "privacy" argument always irks me. My wife has a zoom lens for her photography business that'll pick the nose hairs off a gnat at 1000 paces. That kinda tech could be hidden in your bushes all the time and you'd never know. But my flying weedwacker is what sets you off??

One of my zoom lens is attached to something a bit bigger. And, yes I could take out a drone at 1000 paces especially since thats less than a half mile. Not much of a challenge to be honest given the fact I can put 5 out of 5 into a 4x5 index card at 1/3 mile in 20sec or less.

But I have the common sense not to shoot at a drone. Because I own one and I have a clue what they can do and what they can't do.

And I have a zoom lens on my DSLR that cost more than most of yall's drones (definitely more than the P3, P4 or Inspire 1). Nobody has freaked out about that one either. I was out at the beach in Florida taking shots with the DSLR and a 2x converter. Not one peep out of anyone other than to ask what newspaper I was from. I fly the drone out over the water and within minutes I had a mother up in my face about "taping" her daughter. Nevermind her daughter was playing with my granddaughters at the time. Idiot.

People are such sheep sometimes. Would be nice if they would get off the koolaid once in a while and use their brains.

This kind of thing will be coming up more and more until all the hype and drama settles down.. best thing to do is be as educated as you can (there are at least three podcasts, a bunch of blogs, and several important drone related newsletters that will help in that). Get involved by being a positive influence in your local community. Don't be a spaz, be respectful when confronted, even educate other flyers when you see them doing something out of regulations.

Here's a good example of pilots coming together to help reason with anti-drone laws
Commercial UAS operators rally in Southern California in response to proposed drone ban - sUAS News - The Business of Drones

Reactions: pomonabill220
This kind of thing will be coming up more and more until all the hype and drama settles down.. best thing to do is be as educated as you can (there are at least three podcasts, a bunch of blogs, and several important drone related newsletters that will help in that). Get involved by being a positive influence in your local community. Don't be a spaz, be respectful when confronted, even educate other flyers when you see them doing something out of regulations.

Here's a good example of pilots coming together to help reason with anti-drone laws
Commercial UAS operators rally in Southern California in response to proposed drone ban - sUAS News - The Business of Drones
Now, that's what I'm talking about. Right on!

Time to arm drones with anti-personnel countermeasures.

You shoot, I shoot.

Reactions: Nate-xt
This was recently discussed here. Be sure and check the search or look at the suggested post at the bottom as you are crafting yours. ;)
Thread closed. Please comment further here - Oklahoma state bill would let property owners shoot down drones

But leave the politics and off topic talk out of it. Thanks.

duplicate_content.png

Reactions: pomonabill220
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor