Long wait for a P3 - but worth it

Meta4

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
DJI have finally got around to dispatching my P3 now that just about everyone else seems to have theirs.
Took her up for a maiden flight and work out how it all works and this is one sweet machine.
So much more precise for photography and the view on the Nexus 7 is just perfect.
After the 2 this is like going from coal-fired to turbo diesel.
I even managed to grab a quick panorama. This really takes things to the next level.
0086-99-L.jpg

Congrats! You are a patient man, my friend. Nice shot..

Too many other things going on to really give the new P3 a workout but I shot another battery on the way to where I had to go for the day.
Here's a better photo - a 4 image panorama.
0247-252-L.jpg

I've got a few shots planned and need to work out more of the camera control.
This baby has the goods to really deliver a lot that I couldn't dream of previously..
I love not being on the edge of signal loss out where I always had problems before and the luxury of the Nexus 7 for a screen is such a big improvement.
Actually being able to fly this thing is a lot more instructive than reading the manual.

That 2nd picture looks awesome. Well done Meta.

Im soooo tempted to get a P3, but Im going to have to grovel to the bank manager :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Too many other things going on to really give the new P3 a workout but I shot another battery on the way to where I had to go for the day.
Here's a better photo - a 4 image panorama.
0247-252-L.jpg

I've got a few shots planned and need to work out more of the camera control.
This baby has the goods to really deliver a lot that I couldn't dream of previously..
I love not being on the edge of signal loss out where I always had problems before and the luxury of the Nexus 7 for a screen is such a big improvement.
Actually being able to fly this thing is a lot more instructive than reading the manual.
Just one word: Superb! and what a crisp sharp picture...
Question: is there any latency on the Nexus 7 while shooting?

ok, thanks. It seems to be a good choice.

Nice shots, I have ordered my P3P from DJI USA around 9 days ago and as far as I am aware they have not despatched it yet, although they have taken the purchase price from my account. This will be the first Quadcopter that I have owned, never flown one before, so I think I have made the right choice in buying this one.
Could you tell me if the camera will take images while shooting video at the same time, I have watch several videos on You Tube, some guys on there say you can and some say you can't.

Nice shots, I have ordered my P3P from DJI USA around 9 days ago and as far as I am aware they have not despatched it yet, although they have taken the purchase price from my account. This will be the first Quadcopter that I have owned, never flown one before, so I think I have made the right choice in buying this one.
Could you tell me if the camera will take images while shooting video at the same time, I have watch several videos on You Tube, some guys on there say you can and some say you can't.

When you shoot an image it is shot as both 12 mpex on advanced or professional models

When you shoot an image from a video, the professional shoots at 8 mpex while 1080p shoots at 3 mpex.

The best picture quality will be achieved by both by taking a picture from the camera rather than from the video feed

Reactions: Russ

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen