Long Island NY Phantom Owners

Hah, that's close, but also within the 5 mile range of JFK =(

I havent upgraded my app so i havent been hit with the no fly zone by me.

I havent upgraded my app so i havent been hit with the no fly zone by me.

Doesn't matter if the app hasn't grounded you in the 5-mile no-fly zone. If you get caught flying in the area without prior control tower permission you can be hit with a huge fine. With all of the bad press about idiots buzzing that airport, I'd think twice about flying in that zone.

Doesn't matter if the app hasn't grounded you in the 5-mile no-fly zone. If you get caught flying in the area without prior control tower permission you can be hit with a huge fine. With all of the bad press about idiots buzzing that airport, I'd think twice about flying in that zone.

im aware of faa regulations, ive been flying quads a long time, im not an "idiot" that would fly within the biggest airport in the world. im not in a no fly zone, im 10 miles away. i would be in an authorization zone though and would have to unlock.

i see this is your main topic of conversation on here. if it makes u feel better, i let them know when im flying even though its completely unnecessary.

Last edited:
im aware of faa regulations, ive been flying quads a long time, im not an "idiot" that would fly within the biggest airport in the world. im not in a no fly zone, im 10 miles away. i would be in an authorization zone though and would have to unlock.

i see this is your main topic of conversation on here. if it makes u feel better, i let them know when im flying even though its completely unnecessary.

My "main topic of conversation here"? I put up one post.

Why would anyone feel better that you are calling and taking up controllers' attention when you are flying 10 miles from an airport? Sorry for any misunderstanding, but you were the one who said you were in Woodmere, are 10 miles away from JFK, and are not affected by the no-fly zone because you haven't upgraded. I'm just pointing out that Woodmere is within the 5-mile airport zone, not 10-miles away to save you a fine. Good luck.

Last edited:
Wantagh/ Levittown here. I've been on this forum for a few months and just found this thread. Would be nice to meet up with some other people and do some flying. My friend and I both have P3P's and fly together regularly around the island.

Heh, make sure you stay away from Great Neck Estates, they just banned us due to some idiot teens. o_O

Heh, make sure you stay away from Great Neck Estates, they just banned us due to some idiot teens. o_O

Because teens never cause problems when they're in 3000lb vehicles texting and drinking. Has anyone seen a community or city ban on teens driving?

How about just texting while driving? C'mon.....that's GOT to be more dangerous than flying a drone?

went to the park on Stewart and Levittown Parkway. security there chased us out to. but if I'm correct they can't force you out unless you are on private grounds and obeying the rules in place.

went to the park on Stewart and Levittown Parkway. security there chased us out to. but if I'm correct they can't force you out unless you are on private grounds and obeying the rules in place.

I've been flying behind Island Trees library without a problem. Some neighborhood flying too. looking to get out today and find a fun place to take it out. I was thinking Kings Park Psych.

Reactions: yakangler10

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4