Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Long exposure photos

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by dkyacht, Aug 17, 2015.

1. dkyacht

In one of the main videos from DJI the guy mentioned that the p3p was so stable that he has seen people do 7 or 8 second exposures at night. 1stvproblem I have is I don't see and option to slow the shutter down that much. 2nd problem is I don't think this thing can stay anywhere close to still enough to do that. Is the p3p really meant to be thst stable cause I've never seen 1 that stable? Is there a different "mode or setting I should be using to make it more stable?

Dave

2. Viral

In the manual camera controls, you can bring it down to 8 secs I believe. On a calm day, you could pull it off if you're up several hundred feet, esp if you're taking a long range landscape photo. The tiny bit of shaking it would do (that the gimble didn't compensate for) wouldn't matter on a long range shot. I doubt you could do a portrait from 15 ft, but then why would you want to? :)

dkyacht likes this.
  3. dkyacht

I'll have to look at the manual exposure again, the last time I did I think it only went down to 60. I want to do it from maybe 30-50 feet up, it's a certain technique I've done from the ground that gets great results. I just wanted a different perspective.

Dave