Long Distance record for P4P

All relative to where you are. But over water I went about a mile to capture some stills of an island and returned with ample battery life.
Not trying to go far just to go far lol

OK guys, how far have you flown your P4P away from HOME with good signal? Who's gone the farthest so far?
I just went out 11,000 feet today with full signal strength but this is in the middle of nowhere here's a link ,,,
,,, I never been this location before as a matter of fact I lost my drone for a few hours.. kept searching just to find it using of course did DJI built-in app

Reactions: desert phantom
Super happy with the range on my P4P. A huge improvement over the P4.
Good to hear your range experience is like Gadgetguy's. It sounds like the Lightbridge range on P4P is much like Mavic for range, even though they are not compatible. The P4 is very temperamental using the stock controller past 4000'. If I hadn't figured out the Inspire controller fixed this problem, I would have moved on to the P4P by now just for the range, but I'm content for now with 2+miles. I'm waiting for all the bugs to be worked out in the P4P camera. I hope it's only firmware, but I'm not sure. Some owners think it's H/W causing the glitches at 60FPS 1080 video. It seems the gimbal flip has been resolved, that's good news.

Reactions: Kman
Good to hear your range experience is like Gadgetguy's. It sounds like the Lightbridge range on P4P is much like Mavic for range, even though they are not compatible. The P4 is very temperamental using the stock controller past 4000'. If I hadn't figured out the Inspire controller fixed this problem, I would have moved on to the P4P by now just for the range, but I'm content for now with 2+miles. I'm waiting for all the bugs to be worked out in the P4P camera. I hope it's only firmware, but I'm not sure. Some owners think it's H/W causing the glitches at 60FPS 1080 video. It seems the gimbal flip has been resolved, that's good news.

Gimbal flip has not been resolved. Mine and a lot of others still have it.

Gimbal flip has not been resolved. Mine and a lot of others still have it.
Well, maybe it's hardware. I'm referring to Gadgetguy who went through 3 craft before finally getting one that doesn't do the flip. He said later model craft don't have the problem anymore. I believe Gadgetguy said the flip symptom is caused by a gimbal balance issue, but I don't know where that information came from, maybe RCGroups.

Last night flew out 23000 ft - large major urban area. No loss of signal. Turned around and hit RTH since battery life was 61%.

Totally stock antenna. The P4P is a huge improvement over other craft in terms of range.

Well, maybe it's hardware. I'm referring to Gadgetguy who went through 3 craft before finally getting one that doesn't do the flip. He said later model craft don't have the problem anymore. I believe Gadgetguy said the flip symptom is caused by a gimbal balance issue, but I don't know where that information came from, maybe RCGroups.

He's on his 5th P4P I believe and the latest has issues. He posts more over on the RC Group forum.

Ive made it out 17,210 ft and got back home with 14% battery.. this was in my condo complex with over 100 units full of wifi but after that it was all wooded area.. tried another day after an update last week and only could get around 10,000 ft.. same exact location.

1) 23000 ft :Remaining battery 61%.
2) 18000 ft: Remaining battery 75%

I know the correlation between battery level and aircraft range is not linear but it seems that you can easily go beyond 30000 ft barrier with P4P.

Last edited:
I find it frustrating. One day I can go out 20000 feet and the very next day I can barely go 5000 feet. Same time and exact same location with very different results. Can anyone explain the remarkable differences?

Ive made it out 17,210 ft and got back home with 14% battery.. this was in my condo complex with over 100 units full of wifi but after that it was all wooded area.. tried another day after an update last week and only could get around 10,000 ft.. same exact location.
Did you confirm your update didn't change your channel preference settings? I'm told that flying with "auto channel" provides the best range, letting the craft choose between 2.4 and 5.8ghz bands, as opposed to flying fixed channel on 2.4Ghz, which some believe would be best.

im gonna have to check, i noticed after the update my range has been very low
Did you confirm your update didn't change your channel preference settings? I'm told that flying with "auto channel" provides the best range, letting the craft choose between 2.4 and 5.8ghz bands, as opposed to flying fixed channel on 2.4Ghz, which some believe would be best.

I fly the CE version which has signal strength throttled and I have flown max 2.5km (8200ft)... which I found was pretty good considering the P3 Advanced really struggled for 2.2km (7200ft) in the same area but managed about 2.5 with the windsurfer. However, the windsurfer seems to make very litle difference to the P4P+.

Standard P4P flying at altitude (1500 meters above sea level), 34,500 feet or 10.5 kilometer flight returned with 30% battery left. No mods to batteries.

1) 23000 ft :Remaining battery 61%.
2) 18000 ft: Remaining battery 75%

I know the correlation between battery level and aircraft range is not linear but it seems that you can easily go beyond 30000 ft barrier with P4P.

I was able to achieve 25,000 ft with 60% remaining,every day it’s different mostly because of wind conditions

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl