Loctite killed My Shell!!!

Reaction score
I had absolutely no stress Cracks prior to putting the stress prevention plates on my P3P. I used blue loctite on the motor mounts and I have now very large stress cracks. I can't believe I didn't know about this before hand. I also commented on a post stating mine was alright. A Month later I have so many Blue colored stress Cracks. Please beware of this for anyone doing any maintenence in the future. I also apologise for not agreeing with those whom have had expierence. If anyone has any good video reference on shell replacement please share. I haven't done one before and am pretty mechanically and technologically smart and sure I can do it. I would really like some good reference. Please share any or tips that I might use. Thank you so much everyone in this group. You have saved my *** more than once. Putting my foot in my mouth. Also if there are any motor upgrades available that is compatible with pre updated boards please share. Might as well why I have my little lady in pieces! MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Sent from my SM-N920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is the one I used. Very complete and worked flawlessly. Sorry this happened to you. It's pretty well know at this point I think. They make special locktite safe for these plastics. Different color, can't remember which. I actually had fun replacing my shell. I bought a replacement pack of all the body screws and never even opened it. Wasn't necessary. Good luck.

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Thanks for your honest post and feedback. I'm sure it will help someone in the future. Sadly at times our best lessons we learn are from others mistakes. Kudos

Hi Sequadrone, I replaced my shell 6 months ago it took approx 2 hours and was relatively easy, two things I would recommend you do is 1/ take plenty of pics with phone or iPad 2/ when you have finished the installation of circuit board and motors etc and are connecting the cables the grey eight wire cable that goes to your gimbal NEEDS to be twisted inside the shell because for some reason the end plug that goes into the gimbal is the wrong way round?? If you do not twist it in the shell it is a complete arse to do it once the shell is clicked together and may cause problems in the future because you will have to twist it as it enters the plug socket. Hope all goes well with your replacement as it isn't that hard to do.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Sea quad, I did the same **** thing after I replaced my shell due to a drop. After (key word) I read this thread, I checked under my reinforcement plates-2 major cracks! I repaired with superglue, and will eventually replace the shell AGAIN! I hope somebody else reads this before using loctite !

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers